No More Hudson OH scanner feed ?(Summit Co)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone. I'm new to the whole scanner world (don't have my own yet) and have enjoyed listening to the Hudson scanner. For about 5 months I thought it was no longer broadcasting, but then realized the whole shift to Broadcastify and started following again recently, but I see it has been down again for the past week (no note why).

Have they moved to a different level of encryption which is inhibiting broadcast? I'd like to get a scanner of my own, but the newer types are still expensive & I want to be ready if they have/or are planning to switch.

Anyway, the feed was very appreciated, hoping it comes back or someone else picks it up?

Thanks for any info.

SCPD

QRT
Hudson public safety is still in the clear and active. The feed provider may be having problems. I hear them at this moment on my scanner(s).

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, Ed...I figured something must have been going on with the feed.

Is there only one person allowed to be a feed provider for Hudson? I wonder if anyone else is able to broadcast it? Really miss having it.

I could learn to do it once I get a scanner, but that may be quite a while :(

Nasby

RadioGaga
Just to let you know, you can buy a $25.00 scanner and easily program it to pick up Hudson PD/FD yourself and then you won't be at the mercy of a feed provider.

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
snjct2000 : Whaaaa???? :) The only thing I have ever heard like that is only a weather radio for $25 that they sell to residents. Did you actually buy one?

Nasby

Seriously. You can buy used scanners on craigslist, a garage sale or even ebay for around $25 bux that will pick up Hudson PD/FD since they are on an analog radio system. Any basic scanner will work.
I bought one for ten dollars last week at a church sale.

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
snjct2000 : I guess I just realized after your post that Hudson must still be analog. That's why I was saying it would be so $$$$, because for whatever reason I thought they went digital P25 (maybe when I lost the feed back in Oct or so until this year, but then ended up possibly being the broadcastify switch as to why I couldn't find it).

I can definitely buy an analog! I like the looks of the Uniden BC345CRS 500 Channel I saw yesterday.

In other news I see the feed is back up this am for now :)

Thanks for making me realize they are still on the basic system! Here I went and "researched" and learned all about P25 thinking that was why the feed didn't work anymore, lol.

a388sig2

Hudson is still analog.

The RR live feed did go down. Wondered if it was due to lack of listeners? Does RR have minimum hit requirements to keep up a feed?

Personally, I always enjoyed it. It was a good feed.

Nasby

Along with Hudson being analog, you can still monitor most of neighboring Portage Co. (Streetsboro, Aurora, etc.) along with aircraft, railroads, etc.
So there's still stuff to listen to with just a basic scanner.

As for the feed going down, RR doesn't put a limit on how many listeners there must be in order for the feed to stay up. I would guess it was the feed owner's decision to take it down. You could try to contact the feed provider and ask about it.

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
Is there a limit to the number of people who can actually provide a feed through RR? ...Or can there only be one feed provider per location? Just wondering if there are ever people employed by jurisdictions providing feeds that results in them wanting to "blackout" during certain times they don't want as wide of an audience? Just a general wondering...thanks

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
Hudson has been gone again, anyone know what's going on? Seems like anytime there is cause to listen it is offline. Is there a tech problem or is the person doing the feed not wanting to do it anymore? Does anyone else from the area from the area have the equipment, etc to do a feed that is more regular? Seems like all the other feeds in the county are always online...

n5ims

Most feeds have a way to communicate with the provider so perhaps you should ask them. Often times (although apparently not this time for the feed in question) the feed page will also provide information on the feed and when there are known issues, comments on what's going on, perhaps even updates.

Bring up the feed page for Summit County OH --> Summit County Ohio Live Audio Feeds
Click on the feed in question --> Hudson Police, Fire, and EMS

You can try the "Contact Broadcaster" link to ask them about the issues and for updates.

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
I know on most feeds they put up a msg there when they are down, but this particular feed is down quite often and has not put a msg up about it since 2008...that why I was wondering if there was someone locally with the equip to broadcast a more reliable feed. I appreciate the work that feed providers do, it is just maybe time for someone else for this particular one since it is down a vast majority of the time....

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
So the feed is now entirely gone....

....Since the feed for Hudson, OH has now been deleted, does that mean that Hudson went P25?

SCPD

QRT
Hudson PD is analog on 423.100 MHZ PL 100. Hudson Fire is analog on 423.275 MHz PL 136.5. Hudson EMS1 is analog on 423.225 MHz PL 136.5. Hudson EMS2 is analog on 423.550 MHz.

Just because the feed may not be there doesn't mean they "went P25".

I have the PD locked out at the moment because they are noisy on the antenna I am using right now but I hear fire and ems.
~~~
There, I unlocked PD and it's active. Last hit 4 minutes ago at 7:04PM.

Last edited:

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Ed...I have been looking at various scanners on Amazon & Radio Shack sites and my eyes are going buggy. Want to get a good value for not too expensive, yet one that will still work if they upgrade, maybe portable...ugh! Clueless. I think one looks good then see a feature on another I think I might need, dunno.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
FYI ... Hudson is currently testing coverage in their city for possible switch to Summit / Akron 800 system .. Keep that in mind if you are planning on purchasing a scanner for providing live feed .

AllWeHearIsRadioGaga

Premium Subscriber
Thank you also, KWs...I am reallllly basic here (lol) so what would the feature be called to make sure it works on 800 systems? Thanks again :)

Also, would I need that feature for just home listening too? :)::embarrassed::: Not sure if I have the skills to do live feed)

Nasby

I would say plan on Hudson joining the Summit 800 system when you do your research.

For that, you will need a digital scanner. There are only a few models to chose from.

The Wiki and a search of the forums will give you lots of good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.