No Oakland County Interop 2 and 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneseeCoMI

I just looked up the frequencies for the Oakland County Interop channels after I heard a Livingston Co fire dispatcher tell one of his units to go to "Interop 4" (assisting Oakland Co) and noticed there's no Interop 2 (it skips from 1 to 3) and no Interop 10 (it skips from 9 to 11). Are these typos or do they not exist?

Last edited:

RayAir

I'd be surprised if those 7/800 analog or P25 conventional interop frequencies are ever used.

To access those channels you had to go into the radio menu and re boot into conventional mode.
Most users didn't even remember how to change to a different OpenSky profile (e.g- Event, OAKTAC TGs) yet alone reboot into a different operating mode.

Maybe FD uses them. I can tell you LE did not.

Then, when done on conventional you had to switch back to OpenSky mode (OTP).

I had a list of all the conventional frequencies in the radios and I did save all those from a training class years ago.

If I find it I'll list them.

Now that I think about it, there was also an OpenSky profile called "Interop", but we never used that either.

GeneseeCoMI

I'd be surprised if those 7/800 analog or P25 conventional interop frequencies are ever used.

To access those channels you had to go into the radio menu and re boot into conventional mode.
Most users didn't even remember how to change to a different OpenSky profile (e.g- Event, OAKTAC TGs) yet alone reboot into a different operating mode.

Maybe FD uses them. I can tell you LE did not.

Then, when done on conventional you had to switch back to OpenSky mode (OTP).

I had a list of all the conventional frequencies in the radios and I did save all those from a training class years ago.

If I find it I'll list them.

Now that I think about it, there was also an OpenSky profile called "Interop", but we never used that either.

Well after I put in the ones that are on that page into my scanner I didn't hear anything so I'm assuming they were in simplex low power mode. I've seen them listed before but I thought they weren't used any more either so I didn't bother putting them in. This was the first time I've ever heard them mentioned on the air.

Speaking of P25 though, I received MPSCS TG 2831 Oakland Co Fire Patch during a big house fire with them and Livingston County a few months ago though.

Last edited:

Golay

CLEMIS radios

Just out of curiosity, what are the make and model numbers of the mobile and handheld radios used on OpenSky in Oakland County?

Thanks

RayAir

Just out of curiosity, what are the make and model numbers of the mobile and handheld radios used on OpenSky in Oakland County?

Thanks

Tyco/MA-Com/Harris P7200 & M7200 's

Status
Not open for further replies.