No Reception! Radio will not RX anything ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAH

Hello to all,
I am not new to communication receivers, I have a (ok) idea of the inner and outer workings of my radio(s) and I have had my 396XT for a few years not having any problems with it.:D

Now for no reason it will not receive ANY signals (other then and occasional high pitched sound in the 900 range) :confused:

I have done all I can think of, The ATT is off, I have tuned to my local Los Angles area weather 162.550 (Nothing), I have used my Icom f4-gs to TX (4watts) on the exact freq. and using close call and nothing! :mad:

I have replaced the antenna, checked the SMA connection and I even carefully took it apart to see if the center from the SMA to the board is cracked (It is not) And I tested for continuity from the circuit board (PH-309EA) to the antenna, And the continuity is good..

I don't know where else to turn but to ask here to all the really smart people here on RR :D

So what do you guys think?
Did I kill my 2nd favorite reciever????

TIA to all :D

Dr. BLAH

IC-R20, BCD396XT, PRO-2005/2006, WS1010, Sony ICF-IC1, And a few older ones :)
”Those Who Sacrifice Freedom For Security Deserve Neither.” -Benjamin Franklin

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You've already done what I'd suggest - a weather search. That's usually telling on whether the radio will receive anything. Plus what you did with the antenna was a next thought.

If it was an "all of a sudden it stopped working" scenario, chances are something inside the radio has gone bad.

I don't believe a factory reset will do anything, but certainly won't hurt it any worse.

Uniden has a flat rate repair fee of $79.95.

https://repair.uniden.com/repairInstruct.cfm

BLAH

Thanks ofd8001 !!
I did not know that they had a flat rate repair!
Good news! (I think)
I was just pricing a new one on Amazon @ $309.00
I think she's still got some scanning left in her :) so I will go with the repair :)
And hey thanks for the link!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.