• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

no updates for freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmi8dy

Premium Subscriber
the "help" button that you click on to check on updates in the freescan program page has not been working for almost two weeks now. whats up with that? have they quit updating the site ? have their people moved on to bigger and better things? have they decided not to do any more with the site?

the "help" button that you click on to check on updates in the freescan program page has not been working for almost two weeks now. whats up with that? have they quit updating the site ? have their people moved on to bigger and better things? have they decided not to do any more with the site?
Maybe with the holiday season he has more important things to do.

Their website has a contact link if you need to get in touch with him.

Kevinbb

Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble with free scan too. I tried to up load a few DMR systems into my newly upgraded 325P2 and it says I may not be able to scan the systems. I had to manually enter the systems without the use of free scan. The data base loads correctly but its confused as to what a DMR system is it seems.

kmi8dy

Premium Subscriber
free scan at the present time doe's not support dmr, mototurbo, provoice, or nxdn. hoping they will in the very, very close future. you got to remember it takes allot of computer skill and time to do that, and their not making a dime for doing it.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Kenny, Thanks for the response

Downloading and installed the current 2.18 beta 6 was the only installation or where there any other drivers needed, like the Microsoft net 4.0 platform?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Assaff or cpuerror as known here when he used to post, mentioned back when his forums worked, I asked in the forums their about not being around and such, even mentioned to him the idea of letting it go to open source.
Said he was going to his further education I understand and freescan has been on the back burner, last update was Sept-15 so who knows if it will be updated to support DMR. I hope it does, need it for my 996P2!

morg999

Premium Subscriber

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
have you loaded the serial drivers for your scanner in windows 10?
I have no problems running win 10 before 996P2 DMR now I just use PROSCAN for my programming

morg999

Premium Subscriber
have you loaded the serial drivers for your scanner in windows 10?
I have no problems running win 10 before 996P2 DMR now I just use PROSCAN for my programming

It looks like my USB-1 cable is too old. I guess if the cable is older than 2013 which mine is, won't work w/ WIN 10. Getting a Code 10 in device manager for COM1, which is the error mentioned in the cable info.

Uniden USB-1 Cable
Important Windows 8 and 10 Information
The current Prolific Driver, as delivered through their web site and through Windows Update for Windows 8 and 10, will not work with older USB-1 cables that use the PL2303HXA chipset. To use these drivers you must have a current USB-1 cable that uses the PL2303HXD chipset. If your cable was bought before 2013 you need to buy a new cable.

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Are you using a USb1 on your 996p2? if so, unless you need to use the rear port it's not needed.

It looks like my USB-1 cable is too old. I guess if the cable is older than 2013 which mine is, won't work w/ WIN 10. Getting a Code 10 in device manager for COM1, which is the error mentioned in the cable info.

Uniden USB-1 Cable
Important Windows 8 and 10 Information
The current Prolific Driver, as delivered through their web site and through Windows Update for Windows 8 and 10, will not work with older USB-1 cables that use the PL2303HXA chipset. To use these drivers you must have a current USB-1 cable that uses the PL2303HXD chipset. If your cable was bought before 2013 you need to buy a new cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.