No voice when stopped on scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bworthin

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a Pro-106 scanner. I have programmed in the City of Pearland trunk system with CC 851.15. In scanning mode, the scanner will 'hit' on a talk group showing the programmed LED, but there is no sound. All of the conventional frequencies in this scan list work OK (Hobby tower, Aviation Unicom). Are there any parameters on the TSYS menu that I need to change? I tried changing a few, but still no sound. Someone in a review for the Pro-106 on the Radio Shack web site mentioned a similar problem and had to set Multi-site to 'roam' and T tables to 'splinter'; I did that, but it did not help. This site is part of the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (Motorola) site 12. Any ideas?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a Pro-106 scanner. I have programmed in the City of Pearland trunk system with CC 851.15. In scanning mode, the scanner will 'hit' on a talk group showing the programmed LED, but there is no sound. All of the conventional frequencies in this scan list work OK (Hobby tower, Aviation Unicom). Are there any parameters on the TSYS menu that I need to change? I tried changing a few, but still no sound. Someone in a review for the Pro-106 on the Radio Shack web site mentioned a similar problem and had to set Multi-site to 'roam' and T tables to 'splinter'; I did that, but it did not help. This site is part of the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (Motorola) site 12. Any ideas?
Welcome to Radio Reference

It sounds line the site you are referring to is the Pearland site, on this system. If so, then you must enter a custom band plan in order to correctly track talkgroups on that site. If you are seeing a talkgroup ID, but not getting any audio, then either the tables have not been entered, or the scanner has not been set to use them. That site, as most all of the others on the TxWARN analog system (the one you're trying to hear), has gone through the rebanding process. The Wiki has more information on this process, as to what occurs, and why, in this article.

In your specific case, if you already have the correct control channels entered, then you need to go back & enter & engage the custom tables. If you programmed the scanner via software (Win500, PSREdit500, or ARC500), see this for details on how to update the system with your software. If you did not use software, or simply would prefer to make the changes through the keyboard, see Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki . The rebanding related changes are on the lower portion of that page.

bworthin

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot. I found the custom table, entered it and now I'm getting audio. It's pretty easy when you know what to do, but I did not know what to do until I asked and you replied. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.