NOAA DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Never quite sure if I should post here or Weather forum. From my location today in Central Iowa, SW is terrible, so I thought I would do a little NOAA DX'ing. It's an off shoot hobby for me, along with SAME event code's, I have posted over the years on those topics, so I won't bore anyone!

Anyway today was exceptionally good, sitting in my backyard with just a Uniden BC125AT, and an assortment of antennas, I was able to pull in 300-350 miles, in all direction's. Station's on all 7 freq. (sometime's multiple). Best part was the clarity on many of them, 3-5 bars. I even manged to snag a few 300 watt stations (as opposed to the 1000 watt one's). My antennas were a special cut Smiley for the Wx band, the Diamond rhc77a, and a Maldol telescoping one. All were pretty equal, the Smiley did a little better though---not much. Just good condition's today in the Mid-West. Mike

Haley

Skip for sure , almost reminded me of the a couple of great years for NOAA Dx, 2001-2003. Thanks for that link nd5y , your right, pretty good over my location. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.