NOAA NORTH NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

katt02

Katt
Kind of a dumb question and I have tried to look this up and things got confusing real quick.

For northern New Jersey, what are the NOAA frequencies? I am talking about 2 specific areas. First, around Parsipanny, and second in Sussex county like Sparta. I noticed a really bad drop in service and then it went out probably around a year ago. I figured my equipment was shot but it still works.

Anyways, anyone know what it is? The NOAA site is not very helpful to me.

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
NYC KWO35 was the best for our area, But the site has been down for over a year now. I believe there are other threads on issues with finding a site for it to go.

NYC KWO35 was the best for our area, But the site has been down for over a year now. I believe there are other threads on issues with finding a site for it to go.
Hardyston (162.500) is probably going to be it. What's happening is that the NOAA channel and a "three letter agency" channel both mix together and produce intermod on VHF Channel 16. Since Channel 16 can't change frequency, and the TLA won't change frequency, guess what goes off the air, despite it being on for DECADES? Apparently moving it still produced the mixing product.

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Hardyston (162.500) is probably going to be it. What's happening is that the NOAA channel and a "three letter agency" channel both mix together and produce intermod on VHF Channel 16. Since Channel 16 can't change frequency, and the TLA won't change frequency, guess what goes off the air, despite it being on for DECADES? Apparently moving it still produced the mixing product.

Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: 902

Bob1955

Kind of a dumb question and I have tried to look this up and things got confusing real quick.

For northern New Jersey, what are the NOAA frequencies? I am talking about 2 specific areas. First, around Parsipanny, and second in Sussex county like Sparta. I noticed a really bad drop in service and then it went out probably around a year ago. I figured my equipment was shot but it still works.

Anyways, anyone know what it is? The NOAA site is not very helpful to me.
KW035 at 162.55Mhz out of New York City is down. They are in the process of relocating the tower however, you can call National Weather Service at 631-924-0517 for the greater New York City Metro Area.
Hope this helps you and everyone else on here.

Danny37

I'm able to recieve 162.475 and 162.500 in central queens with an outdoor antenna. Not at full RSSI obviously but readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.