Noobie

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig0

Hi all, im brand new with the scanner thing a new hobbie for me. well i got a used scanner a pro-51. but it had no user manual with it i managed to learn how to search some channels but im really lost and would like some help getting started i just cant seam to find local police and fire channels [huber heights,ohio]and i dont even know if this is what i want to use for this new hobbie of mine. would anyone be willing to help me get started. thanks craig email chedges5@woh.rr.com usa

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The Pro-51 is not a trunk tracking scanner. You will need a trunk tracking scanner
in order to listen to Huber Heights. They operate on the Montgomery County 800 MHz trunked radio system as in the link posted previously.

craig0

thanks for the info any ideas what i should get im interested in lisening to all sorts of transmissions.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
How much do you want to spend?
Are you interested in listening to Ohio State Highway Patrol?

The state is using digital voice on a statewide system, you would
need a digital scanner to listen to it and they are the most expensive.
I suggest you click on the "Wiki" link above and once there scroll down
and check out the link to the various brands of scanners available.

subclavius

You might want to check the Radio Shack section of this forum for operation-specific questions you might have on how to program the Pro-51, or the Yahoo/Google groups may be able to provide support as well. Also, most manufacturers keep online versions of their owners manuals available for downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.