NOPD finally encrypting the remaining radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Ok so what I am getting is, this is done radio by radio, and st Tammany also, I thought they all was encrypted but the fire department, so the fire departments are going encrypted in St Tammany?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
No as of now STFD is NOT encrypting. But they must have the OPFD, NOFD etc TG's in all their radios for interop. And with Orleans going E, this means retouching/OTAPing all the St. Tammany radios.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Just like here, if one of our surrounding Counties switches something, they are supposed to properly notify everyone, and everyone around then has to make those changes in their radio set up too. And here, since everyone in the area is either on SAFE-T or has SAFE-T in their radios / on IDPS or has IDPS in their radios..(Marion, Hamilton, Madison all IDPS, surrounding us is Johnson, Boone, Morgan, Hendricks, Shelby, Hancock etc... All on SAFE-T. We have SAFE-T in multiple Zones in our radios, they all have IDPS in Zones in their radios.) Add in DNR, DOT, ISP etc.... It must be run through State (IPSC) to coordinate. Like in NOLA, you have to coordinate with Jefferson, Orleans, St. Tammany, State..... Everyone has to be able to work on same page.

JPSO is all over WiFi they get their radios updated as soon as they walk into roll call but they already have the Region-1 encryption the main issue is st Tammany they are on a whole different encryption and state has region-1 but they are still using xts5000 and some troopers finally have 8k’s but very few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyadler

Premium Subscriber
I must say that I'm dreading the day when NOPD flips the Enc switch. 80-90 percent of my scanner listening will be silenced. I've been looking at picking up a Unification G4/G5 to supplement my three P25 radios (RS Pro-106, Uniden 396XT and BCD436HP), but can't really justify it once NOPD goes silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.