NOPD finally encrypting the remaining radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are doing all the old radios first having to personally program them then the Pax’s will be over the WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Officer safety? Yes, that is the current buzz phrase to justify encryption. Waco has hosted several high-profile incidents including the Branch Davidian ordeal. More recently, the Twin Peaks biker shootout between the Cossacks and Bandidos showed that encryption has very little to do with officer safety, when used correctly. I fully support the use of encryption for sensitive channels such as Narcotics and SWAT, but not general dispatch.

No officers were harmed in the Twin Peaks shootout. If have a recording of this incident. It was in the clear!

When I hear of a city that has encrypted radio traffic, I make it a point to never enter that city again.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
These departments keep saying its for officer safety. BS!! If someone wants to harm an officer then its makes better sense to call the officer to an address where they can be harmed not a hit and miss with a scanner. They've run this encryption crap in the ground. Some of these departments have been analog for ages and never had any problems. . . . . now suddenly they go digital and have to be encrypted.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
NOPD was unmonitorable for a VERY long time when they were on the CONO EDACS as they ran Aegis, and then PV once that was created. Up until LWIN came along NOPD was very much happy to be in the dark. (Heck when you in the murder capitol of the world which NOLA was for a long time, you crave being unknown so to speak.) Only when everyone else around them went full encryption on LWIN, did NOLA become the beacon of shining light and go for transparency. New boss, new idea... Back to U Cant See Me attitudes.

Parades Orleans -3 NOFD fire unites encrypted
Orleans -8 ems units encrypted

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
ok as of today nopd and fd are in the clear still, only ems mobile units are full time encrypted, alot of times the dispatch is in the clear, as being in Slidell (hearing all nopd districts on the st tammany towers) and no issues here.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes NOPD is going full time encrypted but seems to be having delays so far

HeatherC

I called Scanner Master to purchase one and have it programmed and he told me that NOPD was fully encrypted now and he was unable to do so! He read something off too..so frustrating!

Were having console issues with backup centers and st Tammany, EMS disptch is selectable depending on the user all APX radios are programmed OPSO XTS radios are slowly being done since they can not be done OTA

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
Ok so what I am getting is, this is done radio by radio, and st Tammany also, I thought they all was encrypted but the fire department, so the fire departments are going encrypted in St Tammany?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Once all the Parish older radios are touched and or replaced they will hit the switch. All the older OPSO XTS series radios are now literally on borrowed time and very much on the replacement ASAP list. All discontinued and no longer supported by Motorola, so whatever parts SO has in that garage cardboard box is it. (Joke but not if you get my drift)

Status
Not open for further replies.