Norman new 6 site phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Only for hobby radios. The SDS100 is supposed to work just fine with simulcast. I'm curious to see how my BCD436HP handles it myself. One site is very close to my office, so that should be fine but I think there are two close to where I live and that could be an issue.

But not for a real radio.

Finally a scanner that actually looks like a radio and not a bulky "scanner". I have been behind the times for about a year on scanning. Had no idea this radio was even out. Expensive little burger but if it works well with simulcasting then it will be great. As soon as OKCPD/FD switches over to P25 I wont need the Provoice option. Glad to know Uniden is trying to address the simulcast issues that all of us have complained about for years.

WXVOST

Premium Subscriber
Not a digression in a department that runs 97% EMS calls (per city stats). It's about time! Of course, they could actually triage but that would cut the run numbers. And don't look too hard at the 3% of "fire calls" because if you subtract the alarm system malfunctions people might start to question why we spend so much on fire apparatus when there are almost no actual fire calls (ones with actual fire).

But this is all a digression. We're getting a new, probably gold-plated, radio system and it will be fun to hear all the testing and whatnot. Since they are withdrawing from OKWIN (so the rumor mill says) it will be interesting to see if any of the RMA/SMA channels are left connected. Granted, those are mostly used on football days and I have no idea if OU will be staying with OKWIN or moving to the new city system. Of course, if they are robbing parts from the west tower of Site 40, I guess I have my answer ...

Oh, I think the 'brush' trucks taking over medical calls is a great idea. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was against it.

I do believe OU PD will be on the new Norman system. They're looking forward to it as the current system has several dead zones on campus.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The "ANIMAL WALFARE" tower is populated with both microwave dishes and what look like (but can't be) Diamond dual-band ham antennas. :) I'm sure they're just 800-Mhz antennas I'm not familiar with but in any case, it appears that the "outside" work is largely done. I drove by "CALYPSO COVE" the other day and it is just a tower. Didn't even see a light on it. "JIM BLUE CREEK" is lit but I haven't driven down 84th to see if it's got RF decorations on it.

Fun times.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I am curious. Surely you are joking, right? If not, how do you discern the presence or absence of fake news?

Because there is no facts known at this time. Anything else is speculation, rumor, and therefor has the high potential for being fake news.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Code:

NAC 00A showing up on this channel today. Appears to be a real signal but with no modulation. I do get noise on some of the other channels but on those I get the hiss you'd expect and no NAC.

But it could be noise here, too.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
NAC 00A showing up on this channel today. Appears to be a real signal but with no modulation. I do get noise on some of the other channels but on those I get the hiss you'd expect and no NAC.

But it could be noise here, too.

Well, I have all the channels in one system as conventional and then in another (BCD436HP) system as P25 ... the above was via the conventional system. On the trunked system I hear ... actual traffic. And it sounds like in-building coverage testing.

... at this point I closed my laptop and went off to do other things so I didn't get the TG in use but it was TDMA as the PT0/PT1 icon came on ...

But I did snap a pic of this:

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2249.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 211

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
"Norman and OKC working together?"

Peter, what leads you to believe they are working together? Just curious...

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
I don't think they are, but would like Peter's input. Sometimes he has secret wisdom... lol

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Wow!! Just like our NAMES! We both share an "E!" 😂😂😂😜😜😳

Status
Not open for further replies.