Norman new 6 site phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

I had trouble wrapping my head around the SDS200 but I did find several videos on You Tube that dealt with the 436HP that helped me understand how to program the SDS200.

highrider8433

Peter I know but I haven't figured out how to work sentinel and Ken I've watched all of videos. This is KD5Ckk.

S

simpilo

Norman talkgroups not appearing on OKWIN, however, upon loading Trunk88, I did see reference to Norman. Not sure if removing Norman talkgroups from OKWIN in RRDB is a good idea yet. I am thinking about new people not seeing Norman talkgroups while scanning.There are still radio affiliations to Cleveland County Sheriff and Norman PD on OKWIN but no radio traffic from Norman.

Last edited:

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Norman talkgroups not appearing on OKWIN, however, upon loading Trunk88, I did see reference to Norman. Not sure if removing Norman talkgroups from OKWIN in RRDB is a good idea yet. I am thinking about new people not seeing Norman talkgroups while scanning.There are still radio affiliations to Cleveland County Sheriff and Norman PD on OKWIN but no radio traffic from Norman.

???

plaws

Premium Subscriber

If I understand what you are saying -- that Norman/OU/Cleveland County talkgroups have been removed from OKWIN in the RRDB -- then yes, I agree, that's WAY WAY premature. The Norman system is NOT FULLY IN SERVICE.

Add what we've found on the Norman P25, sure, but don't delete the OKWIN stuff until we know there is no traffic there. There is much traffic being bridged between the two currently.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Went through some of my recordings. Need to make more now that I know I can listen to them in Sentinel (hey - I've only had the radio 5 years - leave me alone! :rolleyes:).

?? means not sure. I assume those so marked are (link)s to OKWIN and that the agency involved will not actually be on the Norman P25 system. Seems to be a lot of bridging of OKWIN to Norman P25. You can sort-of tell by the radio IDs (bridges seem to start with 110xxxx). I can tell you that when a native radio is being used that the audio is really good (not so much when it's audio that originates on OKWIN). It's really amazing what can now be squeezed through 6.25 kHz of bandwidth!

NONE of this should be taken as gospel and the OKWIN Norman-related groups SHOULD NOT be removed!!

3100 - NPD
3113 - OUPD
3121 - OHP AR-1?? (link)
3123 - CCSO
3200 - NFD
3210 - EMS to Hosp - Porter??
3211 - Healthplex??
3212 - MMC??
3213 - EMSSTAT 1 / Moore (link)
3215 - Moore FD (link)??
3216 - Noble??
3364 - Court/Jail??
3501 - Norman Utilities Dept, Sanitation
3503 - Norman Utilities Dept, Line Maintenance
3504 - City something??
3601 - OU Parking/Permit Patrol
3602 - CART (was part of OU Parking and Transportation but soon will be under city)

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I've got these UIDs entered for the Norman P25 system. I expect these will disappear once the transition is complete.

OKWIN/NPD DC - 1108025
OKWIN/NFD DC - 1108026
OKWIN/OUPD - 1108020
OKWIN/OHP AR-1 - 1108009

WXVOST

Premium Subscriber
My HomePatrol 2 is not enjoying the new system thus far since I live almost equal distance between two of the towers. I'll probably pick up an SDS200 next month for better decoding and audio quality.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the new system went live for PD/FD today. There is a patch in place with the old system for now.

There is a patch, but I've yet to hear any traffic not coming over the bridge. At least, not that I've noticed. Will pay more attention today.

AFAIK, it's still the case that the only department that has completely transitioned is Sanitation. It may just be that others don't talk very much.

n5bew1

NPD dispatch just advised all officers going out of service to come to dispatch to pick up their new radios this morning. Must be handhelds.

n5bew1

When a radio is bridged from OKWIN it still sounds kind of rough. When a Harris radio transmits into the new system directly it sounds much better.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Went through some of my recordings. Need to make more now that I know I can listen to them in Sentinel (hey - I've only had the radio 5 years - leave me alone! :rolleyes:).

?? means not sure. I assume those so marked are (link)s to OKWIN and that the agency involved will not actually be on the Norman P25 system. Seems to be a lot of bridging of OKWIN to Norman P25. You can sort-of tell by the radio IDs (bridges seem to start with 110xxxx). I can tell you that when a native radio is being used that the audio is really good (not so much when it's audio that originates on OKWIN). It's really amazing what can now be squeezed through 6.25 kHz of bandwidth!

NONE of this should be taken as gospel and the OKWIN Norman-related groups SHOULD NOT be removed!!

3100 - NPD
3113 - OUPD
3121 - OHP AR-1?? (link)
3123 - CCSO
3200 - NFD
3210 - EMS to Hosp - Porter??
3211 - Healthplex??
3212 - MMC??
3213 - EMSSTAT 1 / Moore (link)
3215 - Moore FD (link)??
3216 - Noble??
3364 - Court/Jail??
3501 - Norman Utilities Dept, Sanitation
3503 - Norman Utilities Dept, Line Maintenance
3504 - City something??
3601 - OU Parking/Permit Patrol
3602 - CART (was part of OU Parking and Transportation but soon will be under city)

3119 is Moore PD's main channel. Traffic is bridged from OKWIN and I assume that's permanent for mutual aide purposes.

WXVOST

Premium Subscriber
Most traffic on NFD Fireground 1 (bridged on OKWIN) was encrypted this morning during a reported structure fire. I'm not particularly pleased with that.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Most traffic on NFD Fireground 1 (bridged on OKWIN) was encrypted this morning during a reported structure fire. I'm not particularly pleased with that.

That would be dumb of course, so ... yeah.

But it's also possible it's just operator error. It's not like the police ever had a good grasp of the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.