north carolina 364.200

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

do any of you have a history of hearing 364.200 here in nc? i have it programmed as a, "refueling freq." i heard what sounded like "dragon?" talking to "uniform" and it was very clear and close to me (piedmont triad area). based on adsbexchange, no mil air planes were anywhere near me though. can any of you confirm that is a refueling freq? thanks for any assistance.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

trauts14

364.2000 is NORAD AICC, its used nationwide

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/North_American_Aerospace_Defense_Command_(NORAD)

This list is a little outdated. An official 2017 comm card made its way onto the net last year and it shows maybe a dozen freqs now used nationwide. Some of the freqs like 364.2, 271.0, and 252.0 are still good, but the color designators are no longer used.
Do they generally fly without ads-b enabled? I could not find anything geographically close to me when they were transmitting.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Most military aircraft in the US dont use ADS-B. I live near Nellis AFB, home of the famous Red Flag exercises. I hear dozens of aircraft overhead at any single time but will only see maybe 4 on my screen.

trauts14

Most military aircraft in the US dont use ADS-B. I live near Nellis AFB, home of the famous Red Flag exercises. I hear dozens of aircraft overhead at any single time but will only see maybe 4 on my screen.
ok, thank you. i live in a, "dry spot" since the closest air base is approx 100 miles. i rarely hear mil air traffic. thanks to the miltenna omni, i hear more now.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.