North Co. scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

softailgarage

Hello all. I bought my first scanner in 1976, a Sears crystal scanner with (Oh my!) 10, thats right, 10 channels. Since then I've owned a dozen or so different scanners, most of them during the 80's & 90's. The last one I bought was around 2000 and was the new digital scanner from HRO, cost about $800.00. As time went on scanners became trickier to use (for me, anyway), the whole trunking thing confused the hell out of me and with sites like radioreference.com I transitioned to computer listening instead. Recently North Law channel has disappeared from radio reference and my scanner app and I'm thinking about getting another scanner. The only one I have left is a Bearcat BC895XLT, missing the antenna and is probably worthless today. 2 questions...1.What happened to law north, why did it disappear? 2. What would be a fairly simple scanner to "relearn" on? I never got my Ham license though I was pretty into it back in the 80's, so ham equip. is out of the question. Any suggestions?

softailgarage

Thank you KMA, I didn't know if we just lost the feed or if there was a major change to San Diego county radio system. Gonefishn - that looks perfect, a little pricey, I'll have to start saving. Thank you gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.