North LA County EDACS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximusmouse

I recently purchased a RS Pro-668 to prepare for LAco's phase II migration. So far I can monitor the test stuff and the day to day pretty well up in the SCV with the stock antenna LASD Access is quite busy.

However the analog EDACS stuff I am not hearing at all. I have the radio programmed correctly. If I'm in the valley or in different areas of the SCV I can monitor what I'm looking for. So, a long question to a probably very short answer. Can any of you guys up here suggest a better antenna? I bought a Diamond SRH77CA and no offense to the HRO guy who sold it to me and said it would help, it didn't just made things worse. Strange thing, I am hearing CIty EDACS, and ICIS Analog ( even Burbank PD) very well. I checked the countywide site frequencies so I think I have it narrowed down to the antenna.
Any help would be welcome.
Thanks!

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Just to confirm. You do have all of the voice channels programmed, not just the control channels?

That was my issue not too long ago.

maximusmouse

Thanks Mike

Yes I did a standard channel program, rather than do it from the radio or just use the control channels.
Good thought though.
Thanks!

If you come up with anything else let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.