North Smithfield Fire - 800 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently listening to an active North Smithfield FD call, and onsite command just requested that they switch to 800Mhz for their comms for this call. I didn't know they were even using 800Mhz so I did a search and found this article below, that says a new 800Mhz system was recently authorized. It appears that it is now active. I assume that they have joined the RISCON system, yet NSFD does not show up as a user yet in that database.

North Smithfield FD New Engine and Approved 800Mhz

ecps92

they may not be Full Time on RISCON but likely do use the Mutual Aid channels

TRY TG: 1968 for the future Fire channel
RISCON ATG - Scan New England Wiki

I'm currently listening to an active North Smithfield FD call, and onsite command just requested that they switch to 800Mhz for their comms for this call. I didn't know they were even using 800Mhz so I did a search and found this article below, that says a new 800Mhz system was recently authorized. It appears that it is now active. I assume that they have joined the RISCON system, yet NSFD does not show up as a user yet in that database.

North Smithfield FD New Engine and Approved 800Mhz

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
they may not be Full Time on RISCON but likely do use the Mutual Aid channels

TRY TG: 1968 for the future Fire channel
RISCON ATG - Scan New England Wiki
Thanks for the reply ECPS92. That database appears to be up-to-date. Now onto finding out how to add a new TG to my BCD436. I've been lazy with RR and never had to do it but it's always good to learn! Thanks again.

ecps92

Let us know if you hear them on it, as it was "to be a future" no one has actually confirmed it
Thanks for the reply ECPS92. That database appears to be up-to-date. Now onto finding out how to add a new TG to my BCD436. I've been lazy with RR and never had to do it but it's always good to learn! Thanks again.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
North Smithfield Fire Department was using this new TG at 18:10 this evening. I think they are using this TG to talk with portable units, as they were when on this last call.

wa1lad

NSFD TG's:
1968 Dispatch
1969 Fireground
1981 Admin

All are confirmed.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. How long does it usually take for the RR db to be updated?

ecps92

Unless a DB Admin is monitoring a forum, a LONG Time. What is required is a DB Submission as you you have already done

I do know the various New England Admins [outside of their normal working hours] do try and get them added rather quickly, but then you have to wait a week or so for the compilation to occur, if your radio is one that requires the Download of the Data

Thank you. How long does it usually take for the RR db to be updated?

wa1lad

North Smithfield FD is now full time on RISCON. Incident dispatching is being simulcast on their old VHF system as well. Here's what is confirmed and active.

1968 DISPATCH
1969 FIREGROUND 2
1981 FIREGROUND 3

Status
Not open for further replies.