Status
Not open for further replies.

ITScott

My town (Williams Township) is covered by the Pennsylvania State Police, Troop M, Belfast. Anyone know what the scanner frequency(ies) might be for patrol?

Thanks!

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Currently, PSP uses a trunked system not compatible with scanners. They cannot be monitored. The state is in the process of replacing that trunked system with a P25 based system that would be compatible. However, it remains to be seen whether or not encryption would be utilized on routine dispatch channels when the transition is made. We are still a few years off from knowing what, exactly, is going to happen after the transition.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
On occasion I hear Belfast on the old Vhf system, 155.580 [ch.A]. I live north of you in an area covered by Troop R and they do the same.

The trunked system Ben mentioned does not always have good coverage, so they may revert to the Vhf system when necessary. You may just pick off a dispatch or two now and then. Also if you listen at shift change you may catch radio checks.

ITScott

Thanks, Mark. Since our township does not have its own PD, was hoping to stay in touch with PSP. I appreciate the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.