Northerastern Utah 800 MHZ System 643E

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Usually on 643e systems you will get Richfield cedar city sl Uhp, cache sometimes, wasatch, SL county Uhp and lifeflight

AD7ZW

Google is your friend. Terms to looks for dvb-t, rtl2032, osocom, rtl-sdr,noo-elec. Lots of info out there. Look @ rtl-sdr.com lots of good info on that site (blog)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Junior1970

Is it possible that Site 28 on 643e is Bruin Point? I haven't heard that one mentioned as a peer site and Cedar Mountain, Ford Ridge and others in the area have???

AD7ZW

That is one possibility i hadn't considered. I wouldn't think they would put a trunk site up there where they have a standalone 800 repeater up there that is patched to Steamboat VHF & i would think they would have issues with it overlapping steamboat. Bruin has a huge footprint i would guess 75 to 100 mile radius. It covers the basin from about 10 east of duchesne to past vernal & most all of castle country. To get an idea of the footprint goto sdarc.us click on repeaters and then bruin there is a coverage map that you can look at for both a vhf & uhf repeater located at the same site as the 800 repeater.

Reed
AD7ZW
Northeastern Utah

AD7ZW

Little Mountain Talkgroups

Switched to monitoring Little Mtn. last night. It doesn't appear to be as busy as Tabby or Steamboat. Only show 2 talkgroups on it 19776 UHP 4 Salt Lake Services & 39812 US Forest Service Tactical. Will leave unitrunker running until this sometime this afternoon/evening then on to other adventures. Going to see what i can can find on the Local p25 systems. Only one i'm really going to look at will be the BIA/Ute Tribe System. Will post my findings in a seperate thread.

Reed
AD7ZW
Northeastern Utah

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
They have bruin licenced but not up I can hear radio traffic from ham and blm from bruin very well.. So if it comes up I already have it programmed and will let everyone know when it comes up. It's been licenced for about 2years now

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
That site for duchesne that's linked to steamboat is keyed up all the time til the site id's.. I've had to lock it out

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Bruin's licensed frequency info is: 851.4375, 851.8875, 852.5875, 852.900, 853.375, and 853.775..... I don't think any would interfere with steamboat if bruin came online, but I could be wrong..

AD7ZW

Will look at that this afternoon and see what i can find out.
Interesting to see that things haven't changed on the standalone repeater. Its been like that since it came online. I don't even have it programmed in anything anymore between steamboat & the VHF repeater on bruin i don't need it.

Reed
AD7ZW
Northeastern Utah

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm running unitrunker and I see that site 28 as Cedar Mountians peers I also see Monroe peak site 12 steamboat site 22, mount baldy 7202 site 23, Abajo peak 643e site 25, and site 28

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ford ridge just popped up on cedars peers but the frequency it sees isn't correct. My my audio cable or computer don't like hearing the control channel it keeps cutting it out

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The DB in RR shows that 856.7625, which if i remember correctly from the FCC grants list from a while back showed it was licensed to tabiona, the only frequency that was with the voice channels coming from elsewhere. Now both little mountain and tabby both show a control channel for 856.7625 and is supposed to be different sites? How close are these two mountaintops and would they overlap? My opinion is its the same channel..

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I just seen the update so I guess never mind on my last post

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
We need to find a way to search 852.4375 in FCC to see what else has that frequency

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Looking on the FCC ULS licensing system and doing a search for 852.4375 only, turned up Rockville, cedar mountain Millard county, steamboat, one in Davis and weber area bountiful, clear field, Farmington, and 2 canceled ones, one in 2009 for powder mountian in Eden cache county, and one in 2012 for Rockville, however they relicensed Rockville in Nov 2013 with 852.4375, I would say Between Rockville and Cedar mountain Millard is where site 28 comes in...

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
According to the DB Rockville is site 6 unless it has changed, and Cedar Mountain Millard is on Site 10 on 643e, unless there is a hidden mountaintop we don't know about, idk where site 28 would be unless they changed one of the site #'s somewhere

Junior1970

Could Site 28 be Bald Mesa? I know it went on the air but suprizingly no one has posted any updates since it's near Moab.

Status
Not open for further replies.