Northerastern Utah 800 MHZ System 643E

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD7ZW

Thats as good of a guess as any. Looking in the FCC ULS database with the frequency it doesn't show anything licensed to bald mesa. Moad area is out of my range since i'm in the Uintah Basin. Closest licensed site is Herd Mtn., then a couple of sites in Davis county. If i remember right Bald Mesa has a 800 standalone on one of mutual aid frequencies. Will have to wait until summer. But i'm wondering if they put a trunk site up on Wolf Creek or Soapstone instead of a standalone on one of the Mutual Aid frequencies.

Reed
AD7ZW
Northeastern Utah

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
No bald mesa frequencies are not that unless its decoding wrong on unitrunker

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Bald Mesa FCC frequencies list as 851.400, 851.750, 852.375, 852.8625, 853.4625, and 853.7875..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Info for the Bruin Peak Repeater..UHP OR Duchesne County?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Info for the Bruin Peak Repeater..UHP OR Duchesne County?

What I mean is is the info correct in the database or does it need to be corrected? Bruin seems to be linked with Steamboat but, I always assumed they were dispatching out of vernal since it always said "control", but now I think it's for Duchesne County since they have their "Mike" (M) units and they go to bluebell Myton and stuff

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
What I mean is is the info correct in the database or does it need to be corrected? Bruin seems to be linked with Steamboat but, I always assumed they were dispatching out of vernal since it always said "control", but now I think it's for Duchesne County since they have their "Mike" (M) units and they go to bluebell Myton and stuff

So I guess what I'm asking is it UHP Or Duchesne County Channel

AD7ZW

Both UHP & County. The repeater is owned & maintained by the state same with steamboat. There are 3 main channels, 4 if you count Daggett (Flaming Gorge). Going west to east they are Steamboat "SR40/SR208 junction eastbound", Little Mtn. West "Roosevelt Area", Little Mtn. East "Fort Duchesne east to the Colorado Line", East Park "Daggett County". All are used by Multiple Agencies including UHP. Dispatch is consolidated & located in vernal.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
So then Bruin Peak falls under that too, I wasn't sure since they say Control instead of Vernal... That one Guy dispatcher sounds like a computer talking.. at first I thought they did it all by computer, lol

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It's just 155.88 on Bruin and it's linked to852.5125 which stays keyed up for a bit.. both on Bruin.. linked to steamboat

AD7ZW

These are conventional repeaters both 800 & VHF. There a 3 UCAN repeaters in the basin Tabby (Summit/Wasatch), Steamboat (Cache),and Little Mtn. (Salt Lake UHP). There are conventional 800 repeaters on Tabby, Steamboat, Bruin, Asphalt, and the Bookcliffs & Dagget county i think. The only 2 i know for sure are Bruin (linked to steamboat VHF), and the book cliff repeater (linked to Little Mtn. East VHF). Everyone out here is still on VHF. I don't see that changing due to the terrain. For 800 coverage comparable to what we currently have on vhf would require 4 to 5 times the sites we currently have from my understanding.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
With that said there are some 800 UCAN repeaters on little mountain, tabby, and up near dutch john as well as flat top, and steamboat and licenses for Bruin but no local talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.