Northern Burlington County on 460.550 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdenLarry

Former Member
For those of you who don't have a digitial trunking scanner and wish to listen to the Northern Burlington Police & Fire, tune to 460.550 with a PL of 77.0. It's hosted by the Springfield Twp Fire Co. (Station 213) and also monitors South & Northstar. Pretty nice if you don't have a digitial scanner. Please send your reception reports to this forum.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know

What hardware is used to make the link?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I used to be able to copy that ok here in Medford but my antenna is signifcantly lower now after an early spring storm. Thats a nice thing for the local fire company to do for the locals.

I also simucast the west zone police and fire at very low power so I don't have to buy a digital scanner for other places in my house and can be monitored with any GMRS radio. I use a quality GMRS portable with a good VOX being feed by the line output of a BC796D. It works great for what I need. My neighbors kids dig it too!

NESN

Good signal out to about 15 mile radius. Computer voice ID's as: "This is WQEF 679 the Springfield Fire Communcations system in Burlington County New Jersey".

IdenLarry

Former Member
Coverage reports requested.

Thanks to those who responded. Please let me know where and how your receiving this link system. It runs at 20 watts and want to know if I need to increase for further coverage.

jetskiman98

We were listening to it up in Crosswicks, but haven't heard much in the past week. Not even the legal ID. Thank you for setting it up. It has proven very useful as we hear the PD alert for a squad call well before our actual pagers go off.

wnjl

I was meaning to bump this thread too...seems like the 460.550 simulcast has been down? Though the signal from it is weak here in Florence, it is a very nice thing to have to be able to hear North Response 1 when I'm mobile and only have my Ham HT on me and no access to my PSRs.

Last edited:

jetskiman98

It's back up now. Heard the "This is W Q E F 6 7 9 the Springfield Fire Communications system in Burlington County New Jersey".

BCC183

Hey There... No rush!

We're streaming a similar feed over the internet via 27's website.

What you're doing though is a great service for your area. Two very entusiastic thumbs up!

IdenLarry

Former Member
The system is running at reduced power at this time. I have plans to upgrade the equipment to operate as a repeater with securenet and apco25 capabilities. The plan is to let emergency responders use the system to communicate in the near future. Contact me if you need more information.

Thanks,
IdenLarry

Status
Not open for further replies.