"Northwest Wisconsin Emergency Ops" Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Howdy All...

This is mainly for the owner of this feed...just wondering if you are planning to have it up for this weekend's snow storm in the area?

If not, I was wondering the current status of this feed...I would like to hear stuff from the area however this feed never seems to be up.

Tim

sfd119

I am the feed owner. NW Ops is tuned up with MARC, VLAW, etc during major events. I'll turn it on for the storm...what would you like on there?

Tim

Feed Provider
Howdy there...

Any public safety from the area (Police-Sheriff / Fire / Ems / Etc) would be cool. I don't want to create too much trouble for you, but any way to leave it on 24/7 for while? I live in SEWI and it's nice to hear things from the other side of the state (Slower paced) for while.

Tim

sfd119

Tim

I am in the process of getting a tower up so I can pick those counties up. Right now, the Washburn County Fire & EMS feed sits in a small cabinet in the middle of no where with a huge tower. I am moving that and the NW Ops computer + scanner to a different location once the tower gets finished.

Tim

Feed Provider
That sounds good....Any timeline as to when that might be completed? If it's going to be a while before that's done is there any possibility to add more to the Washburn Fire/EMS feed? Perhaps surrounding counties Fire/EMS or some law enforcement in area?

Thank you for providing any feeds from the area...

Tim

sfd119

Tower is up and working. I'm going to be bringing the scanners in later today and hopefully getting a computer to run it up and running as well.

A big question for everyone, what do you want to hear on this feed?

So far I am going to have the interop stuff (MARC1/2, 3, 4, WEMs, VTACs, Firegrounds, etc) but is there anything else you'd like to listen to?

Also, this feed wont' have the alpha tags, so that will be a disadvantage.

I'm hoping this will be up by Monday or Tuesday in preparation for the foot of snow we may get.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings....

I guess I would vote to have area county police and fire departments (Barron / Burnett / Polk / Rusk / Washburn...maybe even Chippewa County?). I guess something like the West Central Wisconsin Feed that is currently online would be cool for the area. I usually see at least 5 to 10 listeners at a time on that feed.

Unless you are planning to keep two feeds up...then it might be kinda cool to have one feed as area sheriff + police departments and the other feed as area fire departments.

I am not sure what anyone else would like...

Tim

sfd119

Well the Washburn Fire/EMS Feed will always be dedicated just for that as that handles most county dept's page to text software. When we get paged, it'll also send us a text message so it has to be on that channel constantly.

As for the other counties, Barron and Washburn counties are digital, so I can't really do that. I'll do

Burnett Sheriff
Burnett Fire/EMS
DNR Yellow Bravo
Sawyer Sheriff
Sawyer Fire/EMS Page
Sawyer Fire/EMS Talk
Barron Fire/EMS
State Patrol - Spooner Post
Point to Point
MARC 1/2
VLAW31

Status