Not A Talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited

I was going to program my scanner for the Sioux Falls area and give fire there own TSYS. But they only use 4 frequencies. I have it all programmed right. But when I uploaded it into the scanner, it never showed the T on the display but it was saying I had 5 connection bars or something. But then when I add a few more into to system freq. it then says T on the display. So, does having only a few freq. for a TSYS matter?

And can you have more than 1 TSYS?

I have a PRO-106

guitarbrian30

scanlist instead?

you can just create a scanlist dedicated to city fire instead of adding another TSYS

What towers are you trying to connect with? If you live out side of sioux falls. Use wall lake then baltic.

Not really alot of action on Baltic tower for city fire.

You should also set up your scanner to scan through all CC's using the multisite mode.

Hope this helps,

Unlimited

Right now I have all the talk-groups in one TSYS. I like programming it by my self because I can learn more about scanning. I listen to sioux falls tower 44. I live near I-229, about 10 blocks from fire station 5 or so.

guitarbrian30 said:
You should also set up your scanner to scan through all CC's using the multisite mode.

I'm not sure how you set it up to do that. Like the file you sent me it had things I never listen to in it, so I created my own with stuff I listen to. I don't want like city taxi things or anything. Just what I program it to do. I talk to another person he had the same problem kinda and gave them there own TSYS and it worked. But I forgot to ask him about this. It is still scanning talk groups when you only have about 5 freq. in the system freq. And the T in the top left corner that appears. I mean, will it still scan and broadcast audio when it comes across?

guitarbrian30

one more time?

Right now I have all the talk-groups in one TSYS. I like programming it by my self because I can learn more about scanning. I listen to sioux falls tower 44. I live near I-229, about 10 blocks from fire station 5 or so.

I'm not sure how you set it up to do that. Like the file you sent me it had things I never listen to in it, so I created my own with stuff I listen to. I don't want like city taxi things or anything. Just what I program it to do. I talk to another person he had the same problem kinda and gave them there own TSYS and it worked. But I forgot to ask him about this.[Unlimited;1357851 QUOTE]= It is still scanning talk groups when you only have about 5 freq. in the system freq. And the T in the top left corner that appears. I mean, will it still scan and broadcast audio when it comes across?[/QUOTE]

You only need one freq per tower Which is the Control channel 157.8600 is the current. Sioux Falls has several towers but they all are set up the same way.

Sioux Falls fire dispatches on 6 (text, station alarm, MDT, and Digital paging)
then they switch to 1 to 5, Morning radio test is at 8*30am.

Did you set up the band plan for your scanner? Look in the data base for that. That could be the thing holding you up

South Dakota State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, South Dakota - Scanner Frequencies

Hope everything works out. If not send me a private message and I can just clone my scanner to yours.

Unlimited

You only need one freq per tower Which is the Control channel 157.8600 is the current. Sioux Falls has several towers but they all are set up the same way.

Sioux Falls fire dispatches on 6 (text, station alarm, MDT, and Digital paging)
then they switch to 1 to 5, Morning radio test is at 8*30am.

Did you set up the band plan for your scanner? Look in the data base for that. That could be the thing holding you up

South Dakota State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, South Dakota - Scanner Frequencies

Hope everything works out. If not send me a private message and I can just clone my scanner to yours.

Well, I would, but last time you sent the file to me and it had everything on it. Like city bus, taxi, school bus, everything. But then I downloaded Win500 30 Day and reprogrammed it. Now I can hear what I want to. An EMT where I live was talking about his job in Sioux City about him being a metro dispatcher down there. And I asked him if he would know, he said Sioux Falls switched to Mot 800/900 for some things.

Also, how can I add the CC's to it?

And is that "System ID". Is that just info or do you add that to the scanner?

guitarbrian30

hummmm

sioux falls so far is using the state trunked radio system VHF/UHF. So far all the control channels for the sioux falls area are all good. The ones in the north east part of the state maybe out of date. But I will check them again when I head up that way.

Just select the ID your system is assigned too. then click on PROG --> EDIT -- > CURR >> then use the arrow keys to select the freq. enter the new or updated one. TADA

besure to save! :)

The system info is on the analyz function of the scanner. The scanner will tell you what tower it is connected to and the signal strength and a bunch of other nerdy stuff.

Hope this helps you out. Let me know if you need a file/.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
The N East part of the state, along with the rest of the state is perfectly up to date......

guitarbrian30

When I was up in Aberdeen I had to search for the control channel. I will have to recheck that area when I go through again. I forgot to write down the freq. I found or maybe my data is old?

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Aberdeen was on 155.535 when it was first on the air, and has been on 159.375 for at least the last 5 years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.