Not able to here taxis in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

vraho10

Don't know if this is the right place to put this. I got a frequency for a local taxi Business but it seems scrambled all it sounds like is noise when ever their might be traffic. Can anyone help with this problem?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It is not unusual for taxi drivers to use a scanner to listen to their rival's calls and pick up a customer before the dispatched taxi arrives. Many taxi companies now use some type of scrambling, encryption, or data text system to prevent other drivers from stealing their calls.

vraho10

It is not unusual for taxi drivers to use a scanner to listen to their rival's calls and pick up a customer before the dispatched taxi arrives. Many taxi companies now use some type of scrambling, encryption, or data text system to prevent other drivers from stealing their calls.

It sounds like some type of encryption but I can't figure it out (Maybe it is computers?). Here is a link to what I am hearing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Encryption.m4a

vraho10

I get file not found when I click on your Iink.

Try this if it does not work i'll try something else. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141657949/taxi/Taxi Encryption.m4a

RayAir

Not encryption.

Most likely DMR being used in FDMA direct mode (no repeater, base to mobile operation).

Status
Not open for further replies.