Sentinel: Not all sites included in Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at this system: Mobile Relay Associates SoCal NEXEDGE Digital Network Trunking System, Multiple, California

In Sentinel, under California - Orange County, and California - Los Angeles, 18 sites are shown. Under California - Riverside County, 6 of the sites are shown; a subset of the OC and LA list . This is after a full DB update this morning. No county shows all the sites. Any thoughts on why, and how to resolve so all sites can be seen? Thanks!

Last edited:

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
The RR database is 'crowd sourced'.
Users report VERIFIED info and the database admins add it.
So.... it is up to us (you) to get any missing/changed info submitted

If your info is indeed accurate - submit it for addition.
On the system you linked - see the blue menu in the upper right corner?
Click on it - and submit your changes.

Lastly, there is a dedicated CA state forum, where you can ask specific questions about YOUR neck of the woods....

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I should clarify - the RRDB webpage shows all the sites. But when I view that system in Sentinel, not all the sites are shown. This isn’t a case of me having new or changed info on the system.

bearcat

I should clarify - the RRDB webpage shows all the sites. But when I view that system in Sentinel, not all the sites are shown. This isn’t a case of me having new or changed info on the system.
It looks to me that the RR database (for Sentinel) has this system divided into 13 separate systems, while the RR Online database has the system as one entry.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
It looks to me that the RR database (for Sentinel) has this system divided into 13 separate systems, while the RR Online database has the system as one entry.
You may be looking at the 13 analog LTR systems that are listed under the same provider. I'm looking at the single NXDN system :)

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
No county shows all the sites. Any thoughts on why
Correct. Each site covers a certain area so LA County won't show the Santa Ynez site. See the map below.

, and how to resolve so all sites can be seen? Thanks!
I know it's a Sentinel question so I'll let others chime in on that. I know in my ProScan, that all 31 sites can be imported in one shot as the 2nd image shows.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Each site covers a certain area so LA County won't show the Santa Ynez site. See the map below.
I thought that also - but that isn't the case. Imperial County shows the same 18 sites that LA county shows... none of which are close to Imperial County ;)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I thought that also - but that isn't the case. Imperial County shows the same 18 sites that LA county shows... none of which are close to Imperial County ;)
I may be off base, but there are some inconsistencies in site details, between what shows on the system’s main database page, versus what shows when you select a site and view it’s details, such as licensing and channel numbers.

I am using my iPhone, not laptop, so it’s more of a hassle to dive deeply into each site. But, look at site 005 (5), Saddle Peak, in Los Angeles county..

Select the site to look at it’s details.

There are two frequencies (on site details), that do not indicate a channel ID. We know that Sentinel does not include trunked systems that have no listed talkgroups. Is a missing channel number sufficient to exclude certain systems?

I’ve also run into a few instances where the System type used on a specific system differs between the main online database versus what is listed in Sentinel. This is in regards to the Sentinel version for the HP-1/HP-2 scanners. Several systems locally were originally set up and described as
being “X-2 TDMA”. As that designation was replaced by the now current P25 Phase II, the online database was updated. But the database used in the HP-1 and HP-2 Sentinel version still has them tagged as X2-TDMA, so that change never transitioned from the main database. (The SDS and BCDx36HP Sentinel version correctly lists the same type as in the main database.).

Perhaps JoeBearcat can clarify this for us.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
There are two frequencies (on site details), that do not indicate a channel ID. We know that Sentinel does not include trunked systems that have no listed talkgroups. Is a missing channel number sufficient to exclude certain systems?

Perhaps JoeBearcat can clarify this for us.

Yes. Data that is not usable is excluded.

If the data is submitted to RR to make the channels usable by a scanner they should show in Sentinel after the next data update.

Status
Not open for further replies.