Not finding Local Frequency in Db Query

petereye

Premium Subscriber
I am in southern NH near the Ma border
I have an Sds200 and was searching uhf frequencies and found 464.975 active, and very strong, its an analog transmission.
I did a search on RR DB Query for NH and Ma nothing shows in NH and the stations listed in Ma are too far away for the RSSI of -45 signal I was getting. After listening for awhile it sounded like a nearby School in MA. I then did a search of the town I suspected, it was Andover Ma , Phillips Andover Academy WNAX357, 464.975 is listed there but not in the DB query page for Ma or the whole DB, I have found other frequencies also not listed while doing a DB query. Can someone explain to me why this is. I enjoy finding new sites to monitor but find it difficult to nail down who they are
Thanks

a417

but not in the DB query page for Ma or the whole DB, I have found other frequencies also not listed while doing a DB query. Can someone explain to me why this is.
Thanks
They have likely not been submitted, likely due to the use case.

Point your browser here, and submit them.

phask

Premium Subscriber
To add, this :
  • unidentified information will be rejected and not posted.
  • Do not submit data drawn directly from the FCC database or other sources. You must first personally verify that it is in use and the type of use before submitting the information.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I then did a search of the town I suspected, it was Andover Ma , Phillips Andover Academy WNAX357, 464.975 is listed there but not in the DB query page for Ma or the whole DB, I have found other frequencies also not listed while doing a DB query.

Can someone explain to me why this is.
You most likely searched with the first link, freq data which pulls up the radio reference database.

1706292620135.png

If you search the same freq using the FCC data (USA) link, that is the FCC database and the freq comes up.

1706292441027.png

First one searches Radio Reference. Third one searches FCC.

1706292802057.png

petereye

Premium Subscriber
Why does the RR DB not have it? look like I have been looking in the wrong area. I thought that the RR DB was tied to the Fcc DB
Thank You

ecps92

I am in southern NH near the Ma border
I have an Sds200 and was searching uhf frequencies and found 464.975 active, and very strong, its an analog transmission.
I did a search on RR DB Query for NH and Ma nothing shows in NH and the stations listed in Ma are too far away for the RSSI of -45 signal I was getting. After listening for awhile it sounded like a nearby School in MA. I then did a search of the town I suspected, it was Andover Ma , Phillips Andover Academy WNAX357, 464.975 is listed there but not in the DB query page for Ma or the whole DB, I have found other frequencies also not listed while doing a DB query. Can someone explain to me why this is. I enjoy finding new sites to monitor but find it difficult to nail down who they are
Thanks
PL/DPL ?? before we say it is 100% Phillips

ecps92

Can someone explain to me why this is. I enjoy finding new sites to monitor but find it difficult to nail down who they are
Thanks
All part of the (Learning) Hobby,. as not all have been identified and many take weeks, months or years of monitoring to nail down

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The 141.3 came from what @ecps92 posted in post 8.

I usually first check the rrdb. If near any state borders, select multiple states in the search by clicking the first state while holding hold ctrl, scroll to next state and click and so on. If nothing worthy, then I go to the Fcc one.

petereye

Premium Subscriber
I checked with the Scan NE wiki Mass Private schools and it is posted there and thats what I received