not having any luck with reporgaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
have one of the first pro 2096. took scanner into radio shack to get reprogramed after boss said they did his. bring mine in and the guys says ya I can program it. he plugs it in punches in some numbers and say there you go. I ask him what he did and he say I put in the local tower freq. I asked what about the rest of the local towers? he said that's all you need lol

anyway I have manually added the new control freqs and still get nothing
any ideas?
thanks

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
have one of the first pro 2096. took scanner into radio shack to get reprogramed after boss said they did his. bring mine in and the guys says ya I can program it. he plugs it in punches in some numbers and say there you go. I ask him what he did and he say I put in the local tower freq. I asked what about the rest of the local towers? he said that's all you need lol

anyway I have manually added the new control freqs and still get nothing
any ideas?
thanks

Hello
What county and system are you trying to program and monitor?

live Marquette/baraga county line so trying to cover the two. have put in all the control freq for the towers.(champion,republic, neguanne palmer, Covington and a bunch of others
but still only getting pages on on fm

laststop

If it is Motorola APCO-25 system, you have some more work to do. Yes, the scanner will work but you need to extended the trunking tables. go to Win-96 or look up rebanding pro-2096. It will explain what steps you need to do. On That model, which i have needs the tables changed to work. Just changing the control won't fix what you need. If your Boss or someone who has the same model you could ""Clone "' it with a cable and that would be a fast fix.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
No do not do what laststop said about trunking tables since mpscs is a true p25 system. All you need to do is input the control and alternate frequencies in for your area and you are done!
Ive re-programmed hundreds of radios including many 2096's and they work.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
No do not do what laststop said about trunking tables since mpscs is a true p25 system. All you need to do is input the control and alternate frequencies in for your area and you are done!
Ive re-programmed hundreds of radios including many 2096's and they work.

I also use two 2096's daily and work fine with the MPSCS and rebanding, if that is what the OP is trying to monitor.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
live Marquette/baraga county line so trying to cover the two. have put in all the control freq for the towers.(champion,republic, neguanne palmer, Covington and a bunch of others

Do you have the banks and channels/freqs. set to MO (motorola) not FM?

laststop

Did not mean to give wrong info, I did change the table on mine because if you look up PRO-96 rebanding on this site it says to use a cable to reband/ change it. Wish i would have known that before i went threw that.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I did change the table on mine because if you look up PRO-96 rebanding on this site it says to use a cable to reband/ change it. Wish i would have known that before i went threw that.

Yes I believe that would apply to a 800 MHz 3600bps CC system, MPSCS is a 800 MHz 9600bps CC system in which you would only have to reprogram in the new CC freq's...

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber

Have any luck getting it going?

the guy from radio shack has it messed up big time. did a reset but now all the banks are locked. downloaded win 96 but the computer would not recognize the scanner so idk

for some reason it would not work when I manually entered the control and alt freqs. $15 to become a supporting member ,$30 win96 and $5 the guy charged me at radio shack to bugger things up
and it works

N8HS

Premium Subscriber
Ok, what exactly needs to be done to reprogram the 2096? I have spent several sleepless nights with a paid copy of win96 and paid sub with RR and I cannot get this thing to play. HELP!

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Ok, what exactly needs to be done to reprogram the 2096? I have spent several sleepless nights with a paid copy of win96 and paid sub with RR and I cannot get this thing to play. HELP!

Hello,
What system or frequency's are you trying to reprogram? Little more info and we can help...

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Been rebanded just put in the new control freq's ..

853.72500c

853.86250a

853.93750a

Replacing the old freqs with the new would be best. My info, which might be outdated, shows the old freqs as:

868.7250c
867.0750a
868.5375a
868.9375a

Sent from Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.