Not Hearing any P25 from Illinois State PD in Peoria area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franksr

I just bought a PRO-197 and hearing all the local counties, and city PDs. However, I have yet heard any APCO 25 activity. Is it scrambled or do I need to edit or change my settings?

Franksr

I must have some settings wrong or something, I have all of Dist 8 programmed in. I'm testing Win500 out but not to sure what I'm doing. Thanks to Radio Shack for cloning this unit to get me started listening but not having any luck hearing any P25. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your reply.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
FRANKSR

curious if you have heard Illinois State Police yet ????????????

I would send you the file, except I'm using Uniden BCD996XT scanner & that wouldn't do you any good.

I am surprised those with your model radio are not helping you out. shame opn them!!!

Franksr

Evidently I don't have it activated as I still have not heard any P25 yet. It's showing scan list as 1 for all the P25 freqs and those are under Bank 10 but Bank 10 is the TSYS and shows MOT 800/900 ? Maybe that should be changed, I don' t know...any help with my Pro-197 using Win500 would be most apprecated. Thanks

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Franksr

curious, what software are you using to install the frequencies into the scanner.

are you trying to install w/o software?

Franksr

I changed the mot 800/900 to P25 Auto and I have it under Bank 10 and Scan List 1. I have not heard anything yet. I'm using WIN500 software and I also am trying ARC500 but I like the WIN500 best so far. Under WIN500 I was showing ID 00152, TSYS , Bank 10, P25 AUTO and under that it listed all the P25 numbers. However, when I used ARC500 and uploaded that to the scanner, the ID 00152 is gone but all the P25 listings are still there. However, there are three listings that says ID 00121 TSYS BANK 10 P25 AUTO and one under that says ID 00131 TSYS BANK 10 P25 AUTO and another ID 00151 TSYS STAPCO P25 Manual. I'm still not hearing any P25...but I have it set tol chirp and flash blue it ever works. Thanks for any help you can give me.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I use the ARC software myself ( ARC-XT for the BCD996XT) and it couldn't be any easier
even I can't screw it up. you might also try Freescan. easy & it's "FREE" !

wish we had the same radio so I could send you a setup file
I still have faith someone with the same radio will send you a file.

District 8 is talking as I type .............

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Those TG's do not jive with any belonging to Starcom...There are no "banks" in the RS197 only SCANLISTS...You should have the system labeled P25 AUTO, the freqys for the Tower your trying to monitor should be programmed in the same Scanlist menu as should the TG "Wildcard" and you will see the TG's pop up monitoring "Wildcard"....You must be able to hear the CC noise on one of the freqys when you go into the program mode and press "Analize" or your too far from the Starcom Tower...

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
FRANKsr, the two towers in the Peoria area are T220, T237, go to Home Page, click on the Starcom tower list and enter the two systems and the CChannels and see if you copy the CCnoise....

Franksr

If you can take a look at this, I will see if I can figure out your suggestion. I had this all saved prior to getting on here. Below is my configuration which I will be changing. I think the BANK is just a name someone gave to different groups. I'm very new at all this and it will take a while for me to understand this object programming. Please view the link below and let me know if you can make heads or tails out it. Thank You.
http://ghs64.net/files/mylist.JPG

usswood

I cant see what you have ur TSYS setup in what scanlist....MAKE sure that the TSYS you set up that your talkgroups and wildcards are in the SAME SCANLIST....IE...TSYS STARCOM setup for scanlist 6with all talkgroups for starcom also in scanlist 6 and so on..you have the same talkgroups set up in scanlist 1 and 10...remove them from 10 if your TSYS is set up in scanlist 1 or 0....I have my main TSYS set up in scanlist 0 with the talkgroups as scanlist 1 thats it....scanlist 2 is all conv mix VHF and 800 simplex...scanlist 3 is a TSYS for Edgar county cleartalk with there talkgroups in scanlist 3 also....4 is Edgar VHF, 5 is my STARCOM for D12 Clark Co with talkgroups setup in scanlist 5 also....hope this helps

probably better to wipe the memory and just start over....thats why I luv my WIN500 :)

Franksr

The truth is that I've never programmed this scanner, it was cloned by the Radio Shack store. If I can figure out this Win500 program, I'll take your advice and start programming it myself. By the way, is there a WIN500 manual? Thaks Again.

usswood

The truth is that I've never programmed this scanner, it was cloned by the Radio Shack store. If I can figure out this Win500 program, I'll take your advice and start programming it myself. By the way, is there a WIN500 manual? Thaks Again.

yeah...with support also they have a 30 day full trial offer

usswood

i could probably do it for you and send you the file and all you would have to do is upload it to the scanner...did you get the UBS cable for the scanner also...if so send me the departments you want to listen too

Franksr

Yes, I have the USB Cable. I'm not sure why the cloned Radio Shack display didn't have the P25 frequencies programmed correctly. If you would have time to program that and send it to me I would appreciate it. Sorry for the wait on my response, but had to drive to Atlanta and back this week. Thanks.

Last edited:

usswood

Yes, I have the USB Cable. I'm not sure why the cloned Radio Shack display didn't have the P25 frequencies programmed correctly. If you would have time to program that and send it to me I would appreciate it. Sorry for the wait on my response, but had to drive to Atlanta and back this week. Thanks.

send me a PM with what you want to monitor and I will get something to you this evening

breaker27

Premium Subscriber
Me to?

I live in the Peoria are and I am also having problems. Conventional stuff is real easy. Would you mind send me the file that your sending him? I have the GRE PSR-500 and am using Win500. Maybe i can at least look at the file and see what I am doing wrong. Thanks

N9JIG

Sheriff
The ID's in your list (00151, 00153 etc.) are internal to the radio only, and have nothing to do with the talkgroups used on the air. They are effectively channel numbers for a radio that doesn't use them. (Confused yet?!?)

The GRE/RS scanners with the newer method of programming use internal channel numbers so that you can select what channels are included in your scanlist. A channel can be part of one or more Scanlists, so "ID 00151" can be part of Scanlist Numbers 1, 12 and 19 if you choose.

The old style of scanners used rigid channel numbers and banks. The new GRE/RS scanners did away with that and let you program in a bunch of channels and then just pick the ones to add to your scan lists. This allows you to have the same channel in as many lists as you want and not have to waste memory space by duplicating the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.