Not picking up any local frequencies on my new BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavehawk

Hi Guys and Gals,

New to scanning here. Just recieved my new BCD436HP today! For some reason though, I can not pick up any of my local radio traffic? I'm trying to listen to police, fire and ems in Lafayette County Mississippi. I don't think I'm an idiot, I doubt our local emergency traffic is encripted. I'm not even picking up any University operations, transit, etc. Here are the steps I've followed so far.

1. Upgraded firmware and database through sentinel.
2. Created favorites lists consisting of Oxford Fire, Oxford Police, Oxford Emrgency, Lafayette Emergency and University Operations.
3. Downloaded lists to scanner and turned them on using favorite keys.
4. Payed for and applied both my DMR and Provoice keys

Guys, I'm scanning every channel in the area and I'm getting ZERO! When I scan the full local database, I get small bits and pieces of the Highway Patrol, but that's it. No podunk, analog PD, nothing!

I'll keep searching the forums, but any help is appriciated!

Thanks guys and gals!

Will

phask

Premium Subscriber
This ... for part of the issue.

City of Oxford Police also have full usage of the University of Mississippi Police repeater and vice versa, thus providing full interop on the now fully digital MotoTRBO systems. City of Oxford Fire will be transitioning fully to MotoTRBO very soon. Only analog usage will be on the Statewide/Nationwide Fire Tac/Interop frequencies.

This for the rest of the county.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1432

tgraning

Premium Subscriber
Are you still having trouble with Lafayette County?
I'm here in Oxford. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

pavehawk

Thanks!

Are you still having trouble with Lafayette County?
I'm here in Oxford. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Hey, thanks for reaching out! I've tried about 15 different times to send you a PM from you RR profile and I keep getting denied. I don't know if it's because I'm a new member or what.

Basically, I'm pretty new to this, but I have the Oxford MISwin frequencies and talkgoups programmed as a p25 system. I'm getting data, discovering a few new talk groups, but can not hold any transmission through until conclusion. They generally only hold about 3-5 second and are garbled badly. I'm almost 100% positive the talkgroups are correct, because I get huge numbers of hits on OPD dispatch when in discover mode, but record almost no audio. But I've definitely picked up audio on that group intermittently. I swear I even found UPD, but couldn't hold it. It honestly feels like I'm out of range, but I'm only on Old Taylor road, well within the city limits, less than a mile from the University. Could it be patched talkgroups, cell tower interference? I'm at a loss! Thanks SO much for any advice you can think of.

Will

hotsavannahs

Premium Subscriber
same issue

I am getting the same issue with the San Antonio Police EDACS Provoice frequencies. NADA. Did you figure out this?

Status
Not open for further replies.