Not receiving talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullmax

I did a factory reset on my bct8, re-programmed the trunk and now it won't scan the talk groups. It just scans the sys freq' with no calls coming thru.

Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Using ED-Hi (prog F)

SYS freq's :
Byron 18BYRN (London) 141.42000c 142.03500 142.18500 142.36500 142.48500 142.66500a 142.87500 142.90500

Talkgroup id's: (prog id)
MOH London CACC Talkgroups
35264 89c A LON CACC CACC EMS Dispatch
35280 89d A LON CITY 1 City 1 EMS Dispatch
35296 89e A LON CITY 2 City 2 EMS Dispatch
35312 89f A LON EAST East EMS Dispatch
35328 8a0 A LON WEST West EMS Dispatch
35344 8a1 A LON NORTH North EMS Dispatch
35360 8a2 A LON TAC 1 Tactical 1 EMS-Tac
35376 8a3 A LON TAC 2 Tactical 2 EMS-Tac
35392 8a4 A LON TAC 3 Tactical 3 EMS-Tac
35408 8a5 A LON TAC 4 Tactical 4 EMS-Tac
35424 8a6 A LON TAC 5 Tactical 5 EMS-Tac
35440 8a7 A LON TAC 6 Tactical 6 EMS-Tac

halespa

My first thought is, did you remember to turn on the talk groups banks? When I programmed my BCT8 for trunking (Motorola II Smart Zone) I failed to turn on the Talk Group banks and it was silent until I did.
Just a thought

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A little confused. You said you set it to:

ED-HI

ED-EDACS. Either you meant to type E2-HI or you picked the wrong system type in the scanner (but ED doesn't have a HI option...so I really don't know).

Bullmax

My first thought is, did you remember to turn on the talk groups banks? When I programmed my BCT8 for trunking (Motorola II Smart Zone) I failed to turn on the Talk Group banks and it was silent until I did.
Just a thought

How do you turn the banks on?

UPMan, yes I did mean E2-HI.

halespa

I was afraid that you would ask that. If I remember right, when you are scanning a bank all you have to do is push the number of the id list that you want to listen to. For example, if you are scanning bank "1" you would press #1 to here scan list 1. My radio is out in the truck, and it is COLD outside so I can't check, but I think that is all you have to do. I hope that this helped. I am still trying to figure out how to run my BCT8. I have had it for several years, but just started using it for trunking. I also have not played with updating it. All I have done is entered the new rebanded frequencies and I seem to be hearing all the traffic for the talk groups that I listen to.

mciupa

Database Admin
I did a factory reset on my bct8, re-programmed the trunk and now it won't scan the talk groups. It just scans the sys freq' with no calls coming thru.

Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Hi Bullmax, I would give this link a shot from the Eastern Canada Discussion forum. I'm guessing you do not have the custom band plans set.

So read this link: http://forums.radioreference.com/ea...ner-bell-mobility-radios-fleetnet-system.html and give it another shot. Also, you might be able to get some local help from Eastern Canada forum as well.

Good Luck :)

mciupa

Database Admin
I also should note that I had this working perfectly just before the factory reset.

Okay... but did you program it originally ?

If so, then you should be familiar with entering a custom band plan with base freq., offset , and spacing which is a must for scanning VHF trunking.

I know it is a lot of reading, but if you follow through on the link I posted a few posts ago, you will be up and running again. :)

Bullmax

Hi Bullmax, I would give this link a shot from the Eastern Canada Discussion forum. I'm guessing you do not have the custom band plans set.

So read this link: http://forums.radioreference.com/ea...ner-bell-mobility-radios-fleetnet-system.html and give it another shot. Also, you might be able to get some local help from Eastern Canada forum as well.

Good Luck :)

Hi and thanks. There are no instructions for the BCT8 on that page so it does not work for me. On my last post I have applied updated and rebanding.

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi and thanks. There are no instructions for the BCT8 on that page so it does not work for me. On my last post I have applied updated and rebanding.

From the owner's manual, follow these steps to prep your scanner for Fleetnet VHF trunking

To enter the Base, Spacing Frequencies and Offset Channel

1. Press and hold
TRUNK for 1.5 seconds and select the bank you want to change.
2. Use the up or down key to select (Motorola Type2 VHF) ,then press E.
3. Use the up or down key to select base , then press E.
4. Use the keypad to enter Configuration Block Number 1

5. Use the keypad to enter a new Base Frequency of 141.015, then press
E.
6. Press the up arrow key and select for entering the Spacing Frequency.

7. Use the keypad to enter a new Spacing Frequencyof 15.0, then press
E.
8. Press the up arrow key and select 380 for entering the OffsetChannel.

Enter the Byron tower freq's now , push SEARCH and scan away.

Bullmax

Thanks mciupa, back in business. I am finally starting to understand this scanner now. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.