Not scanning all systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al1009

Somehow, I did something wrong, my scanner is not scanning all the (6)preprogrammed systems on my scanner. I read through the easy to read manual numerous times and seem to grasp how to make it do it. The"Hold" is continuously flashing in the upper left corner of the screen.
Bad time to do it with blizzard

Al1009

When I do that the hold light goes out but it starts scanning bands, Air,Ham and so forth. I must have told it do that somehow

Al1009

I'm been through this 100 times but I'm trying to turn off the custom scans to no avail. Manuals are good for doing stuff but not to good for undoing.

mciupa

What happens when you push the FUNC then the SCAN/SEARCH buttons?

Shouldn't you be back into a scan or search mode of your programmed systems?

Al1009

It asks me whether to do a quick search. All the group #'s are blank but I have the SO's , 6 of them. After it scans once it goes to a Custom scans and does everything including FM. The only way I can back to my programmed freq. is to power off and power back on and and push Hold real quick then I can scroll to a freq.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
i will give you a hint because it in the manual on how to turn them off. pross hold, scroll thru the systems until you find the custom searchs, ham, radio, etc. once you find them press the func button, while the letter "f" is in the upper left corner of the screen, press l/o twice in rapid sucession or until it says lockedout. repeat as necesary until you have every thing locked out that you want. once that is done press scan. this radio is so much easier to program with software, if you dont have any i would recommend proscan. Also play with radio and read the users manual, that way you will learn how operate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.