Notable Passing: The Voice of Bexar County Fire Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrotumola

Facebook feeds were abuzz this morning with the news of the unexpected passing of Trevor Wortes. Wortes 51, was the timeless standard of professionalism and a 30 year dispatcher for Bexar County Fire Alarm. Initially employed as a dispatcher by the Alamo Heights Police Department in 1989, he moonlighted as part of a transition team when Bexar County transferred Fire Alarm operations from the Alamo Heights Dispatch Center to the then new Bexar County Public Safety Communications Center at 203 W. Nueva in 2004. Fire Alarm recently moved to the new Regional Public Safety Communications Center near Shavano Park with Wortes in tow. Wortes, was a long time volunteer firefighter and Licensed Paramedic left Alamo Heights as their Communications Division Supervisor to assume a full-time Chief's position with Bexar County ESD #2 in 2010. Referred to as "The voice of Bexar County Fire Alarm", Wortes' demeanor, knowledge, experience and professionalism instilled confidence in the most unstable of situations. He could easily be identified as the only dispatcher who consistently identified with the legacy FCC "KKW980, Bexar County Fire Alarm." Services are pending. He will be missed.

~S~

tkowalik

Banned
Felt like someone punched my gut when I read this. I’ve been listening to him most of my life. BCFA lost an incredible dispatcher; he will be greatly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.