Notice of Unlicensed Operation Sent to California State in Hayward

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG7PBS

* Please don't post articles without proper attribution to their source *

Last edited by a moderator:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
But the University IT guy 'knows all about radio.' Meh.

That's likely what happened.

Several of the UC campuses still have dedicated or at least part time radio guys (me included). Not sure about the CSU system. I'll have to ask them. It is all under the IT heading now, good or bad.

Smaller campuses rely on an IT guy who might have it as a collateral duty, and even then, most of the real work gets contracted out. I suspect that is what happened here. Someone set up the system for them. Guy said it was OK, and the bill was paid.
Likely would have continued on unless someone complained.

CSU Hayward is up the hill a bit, so they'd have a pretty commanding view of the bay area, kind of hard for them to not notice someone else was on the frequency.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If somebody can repost a paragraph from the original article with a proper attribution to the source I'd appreciate it.

Posting the compete text without any attribution to the source likely violates some sort of copyright law.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

KG7PBS

Oh ok Mike thanks i did not know that was copy right law. i will link it next time

If somebody can repost a paragraph from the original article with a proper attribution to the source I'd appreciate it.

Posting the compete text without any attribution to the source likely violates some sort of copyright law.

KK6YGH

Gentlemen,

What was the resolution to this issue? Did CSUEB change the freq, turn off the repeater, etc?

I'm a ham and student over there and am concerned about emergency preparedness on campus, as well as being concerned about their plans for an EOC, etc.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Gentlemen,

What was the resolution to this issue? Did CSUEB change the freq, turn off the repeater, etc?

I'm a ham and student over there and am concerned about emergency preparedness on campus, as well as being concerned about their plans for an EOC, etc.
I would urge you to get involved and talk to the appropriate people. Like the guys above posted, usually campuses do not have a dedicated radio person, so having a student who knows about it and can advise them would be even better. Just make sure you know what you are doing.
When I was a student at CSU Maritime, that's what I did. For the most part, they were following the rules, but there were a few things that needed to be ironed-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.