• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
How do I go about updating the firmware on my NX-5300? I have the firmware file, programming software & the license management client.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Press and hold the circle button, power up, then select firmware program. Open the hex file, and write.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
I figured out how to get the radio into firmware program mode, however, I cant find the part in the programming software that will allow me to write the firmware file, unless i need an entirely different software package for firmware updates.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
If you have the firmware, you need to run kfl that's the new firmware utility. My win8 automatically opens the kfl when I double click on the hex file. Then you click write.

Evans Mitchell kd4efm
sent on my HTC M9

Colton25

Where did you find the firmware?

How do I go about updating the firmware on my NX-5300? I have the firmware file, programming software & the license management client.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Okay, well, that stop the answers here.

If you don't have the radio yet, and yet you want to know about the firmware, I will wait till you get your
radio to answer your question.

That is like getting keys to the Lambo. and its not built yet. Does no good right?

Most likely it will have ver. 1.62 in it. Serial Numbers B59------- and newer all have the latest.

Where do you get the firmware? From the dealer you purchased your radio through. I they don't want
to sale or provide or update the radio for you, that's between you and them. Firmware is not publicly
accessible due to EXPORT restrictions. If you did not buy it from me, sorry. I can only support who
I have sold radios to and have said customer on file.

EFM

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
this has fallen behind a little, so I will bring it up front again.

Latest firmware out for the NX-5000's is Version 1.68 CS: BE8D
Released March 2016

Fixed a scan issue, and a few bugs that had been found.

Nothing else as of yet today. No time frame on next release.

EFM

Colton25

Interesting, you think this will fix my scan issue?

this has fallen behind a little, so I will bring it up front again.

Latest firmware out for the NX-5000's is Version 1.68 CS: BE8D
Released March 2016

Fixed a scan issue, and a few bugs that had been found.

Nothing else as of yet today. No time frame on next release.

EFM

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
How to update your NX-5000

1 Power off the radio
2 press and hold the menu button, turning on the power
3 scroll to Firm Prog
4 double click on the NX5000 KFL firmware file to start the KFL.
5 click write
6 verify the check sum once completed.
7 power cycle the radio and your done.

EFM

Colton25

Last update I did was 1.66

1 Power off the radio

2 press and hold the menu button, turning on the power

3 scroll to Firm Prog

4 double click on the NX5000 KFL firmware file to start the KFL.

5 click write

6 verify the check sum once completed.

7 power cycle the radio and your done.

EFM

Status
Not open for further replies.