• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4exw

Premium Subscriber
Looking for display size of nx5700

Just bought new jeep looking into buying and installing a nx5700 for use with fire Dept and ham bands. I have a smaller suv there is a spot that I would love that the display of Kch-20 would fit. Or the kch-15 size display. Any dimensions will be appreciated. I know I had a nx700 that the bracket made the display farther.
Plans on expanding the deck to uhf in future also with rc deck nx5800 so I don't know if the kch-15 would work or not. I have upload a picture to get a idea where I would like placement. Thanks Daniel N4EXW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,126

n4exw

Premium Subscriber
Just bought new jeep looking into buying and installing a nx5700 for use with fire Dept and ham bands. I have a smaller suv there is a spot that I would love that the display of Kch-20 would fit. Or the kch-15 size display. Any dimensions will be appreciated. I know I had a nx700 that the bracket made the display farther.
Plans on expanding the deck to uhf in future also with rc deck nx5800 so I don't know if the kch-15 would work or not. I have upload a picture to get a idea where I would like placement. Thanks Daniel N4EXW
Kch-19 not the 15

Colton25

Here's a picture for comparison, my Kch-20 next to a Tk-7180 remote head, I believe the nx700 is similar in size to the 7180.
e351ad5b12e8506996ca10174c93e281.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colton25

Need help ASAP, my computer crashed and I lost the NX programming software, what do I need to do to get it back? Stupid me had the codeplugs backed up but not the software..

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Need help ASAP, my computer crashed and I lost the NX programming software, what do I need to do to get it back? Stupid me had the codeplugs backed up but not the software..

Where did you get the software??

Colton25

From my dealer, I found all the files I need in a email, I re installed everything now my only issue is I need to somehow deactivate the software and reactivate it on the new operating system, I'm in license management right now.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
From my dealer, I found all the files I need in a email, I re installed everything now my only issue is I need to somehow deactivate the software and reactivate it on the new operating system, I'm in license management right now.

You will need to contact land mobile support. They are the only ones who will be able to push your new id.

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Here's a picture for comparison, my Kch-20 next to a Tk-7180 remote head, I believe the nx700 is similar in size to the 7180.

The NX-x00 and the TK-x180 series are the same frames. (remote heads both use the KRK-10)

I could not find dimension in any of the manuals for the head it's self, sorry.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber

You may have to go with mounting a Pana-vise to the side and knuckle it over (mouting the head bracket
far right side on the pana-vise) that's if you want to leverage it infront of the gear shift control.
I would opt-out on mounting it above the acc. ports area. You will find your self taken the whole center
console apart when 10 minute job with a pana-vise would have been a better choice.

my two cents.

Colton25

Is there a manual other then the help file that is included with the software? I have some scan issues I need to change, or read more about.

Colton25

How to keep deleted channels from scanning again once the scan has restarted? Can the screen only say scan like the X180's?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
The nuisance delete is just that, if it's in your scan list, and you temporary delete, it does not remove it. You don't want it, deselect it from normal scan.

Colton25

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

So there's a nuisance delete and scan delete/add?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
So there's a nuisance delete and scan delete/add?

When scanning, the same button you assigned for scan add/delete becomes the nuisance delete.

Same thing for Zone Add/Delete; you can nuisance delete the whole zone.

Once you stop scanning and then RESTART scan, the whole list/multi-zone lists becomes active again.

EFM

Colton25

I understand, is there any way of removing the last received channel from the display so that the display just reads scan?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Nx-5000, no, just ignore it.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I am talking to KWD about it. They are aware. Right now it's a low priority.

Colton25

I just hate how when your scanning and you lock out a channel it stays on the display until the next channel to open is displayed.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I just hate how when your scanning and you lock out a channel it stays on the display until the next channel to open is displayed.

what fimware version are you using?

efm

Status
Not open for further replies.