• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Getting off topic, but I read it, and no where does it mention mdc requirements.

As I mentioned it has been sent to KWD to be addressed. Fleetsync is another form of ANI/CID, not mandated. Plain English is always encouraged.

Back to radio stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Getting off topic, but I read it, and no where does it mention mdc requirements.

As I mentioned it has been sent to KWD to be addressed. Fleetsync is another form of ANI/CID, not mandated. Plain English is always encouraged.

Back to radio stuff.

For the sake of others I'll keep it on track but I will reconsider Kenwood if their people have your attitude. Good day. I'm sure Harris or Motorola wouldnt mind public funds.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
For the sake of others I'll keep it on track but I will reconsider Kenwood if their people have your attitude. Good day. I'm sure Harris or Motorola wouldnt mind public funds.

That was a little low blow there.
I pass things onto kenwood through my upper channels, as what Kenwood does, they don't ask me for
my opinions, nor am I paid by Kenwood. I am a Field Service Tech who works on all makes and models.
I personally use Kenwood because I got tired of the Motorola mentality of you're a ham, we don't care what you have to say, go away.

So, I'm biased, sure, but NFPA is what I have to adhere to when doing in building BDA's BPDA's, so rather Digital or Analog, I have to make it work and pass inspection.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have to defend kd4efm. He has been a voice to Kenwood for many on these forums and a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Evans KD4EFM is a great dealer for Kenwood radios and communicates with Kenwood "big dogs" regularly. He's no stranger to them. He may not work for them but he has dealt with them enough to know they are listening to input...

W2MB

Not nice at all. I value KD4EFM's easily accessible support here. I don't know if you can find similar options for Harris products, but I have never found similar support for my Motorola products, this is from the perspective of a paying ham customer....

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
...but I have never found similar support for my Motorola products, this is from the perspective of a paying ham customer....

I had a few hundred Motorola radios on a trunked system plus VHF systems.

Never, ever, not once got the level of support I did when I switched to Kenwood.

Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars with Motorola, very hard to get good support. Usually just got excuses.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, let's get back to talking about the NX-5000 series. If you'd like to talk about Kenwood support, maybe starting a new thread would be a good idea.

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Still working on my DMR programming for my 5800.

I've got group calls working via menu selection, but is there a way to keep the selected group call for future PTT presses as well? After I initiate a group call the radio defaults back to whatever it was set to originally.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
At this time , short answer is no.
Still working on my DMR programming for my 5800.

I've got group calls working via menu selection, but is there a way to keep the selected group call for future PTT presses as well? After I initiate a group call the radio defaults back to whatever it was set to originally.
The only optional thing to do program that channel in to a channel. I wish it was as easy as the hytera, but no. Design that's needs to be fixed imo

BearcatUSA

PL-259 Connector Fan
And are there any rumors about the introduction of the RC4 in P25? Half of our customers do not buy NX5000 due to lack of compatibility with Motorola ADP. Not all of them ready for AES and not ready to give up Motorola equipment.

W2MB

Kpg-d1n v2.60

I just learned that version 2.60 has been made available. Does anyone know what has been updated or if there is an accompanying firmware update for the 5000 series.

Mark

jmadison

KPG-d1n v 2.60

Will the 5000 fan club be updated when the files and doc's is made available. P25 user but it seams most of the updates are DMR?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I just learned that version 2.60 has been made available. Does anyone know what has been updated or if there is an accompanying firmware update for the 5000 series.

Mark
Look in my post I just made.
Contact your sales rep or local dealer for more info.

W2MB

Look in my post I just made.
Contact your sales rep or local dealer for more info.

Your post that I am reply to is the only one I see that you just made. I did get the f/w update info, but nothing on the programming software update. My guess is that it just supports the new firmware.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Your post that I am reply to is the only one I see that you just made. I did get the f/w update info, but nothing on the programming software update. My guess is that it just supports the new firmware.
The software did get updated to support the new firmware additions. Other than that, the next major will be a 3.x
2.6 is a minor update.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
For the past couple of days I have been dealing with Evans KD4EFM in getting a NX-5700 & NX-5800 package. While this is quite an expensive endeavor, I figure I won't need new radios for years to come! So far Evans has been a joy to work with. He's been easy to communicate with and to figure things out. I took the recommendation of several people on this thread to make my purchase through Evans, and I'm glad I did, I can recommend Evans to anyone else who is thinking of purchasing a Kenwood 5700 and/or 5800.

NOW the real truth begins, once I get the software and the radios and begin to try to program everything in correctly! I have a good feeling Evans will be attentive in the customer/tech support area as well.

Mike

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Awesome Wat! Are you doing a dual deck, single head type setup? That'd be what I'd want but, yes, it is a steep price (quality costs, though).

Yes, Evans is a great dealer - I talked with him in the past about getting a similar setup and just couldn't swing it at the time but he was quick to respond and never complained about a question.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Got to say thank you guys.
It's my pleasure helping all of you.

I going to bend a small no no, but I have a 5800k2 dash mount mobile needing a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.