NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Anyone that can recommend a dealer in the Atlanta Area? I am looking for a NX-5200 Full Keypad with Analog, DMR and a P25 key. Also if I bought a radio online from someone that is not a dealer what would be the CPS cost along with a DMR, P25 key?
KD4EFM

Question... is there a way to switch bands in CPS without nuking all the personalities and zones? I'm trying to change a UHF 380-470 split codeplug to a 450-520 and it nukes all the personality entries... interestingly enough, it will program with a warning, but it beeps constantly, which I assume is a bad sign...

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
If you have a way to import the info from kpg111, you can do it in a round about way,
Just import the info you export out of the 111 to the d1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Correction to my last, answer is no.
Making a file from 111, exporting that out, you can import that into D1.

I have done it many of a time.

I don't have anything programmed with kpg111. I don't even have the software easily accessible.

Is there any way to edit the .dat file, or use another program if d1n is a dead end?

I'd really like to not have to recreate all the channels and zones again....

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I don't have anything programmed with kpg111. I don't even have the software easily accessible.

Is there any way to edit the .dat file, or use another program if d1n is a dead end?

I'd really like to not have to recreate all the channels and zones again....
Email me at kd4efm1@gmail. your file.

nickwilson159

Premium Subscriber
How is the audio in these compared to the first generation NXDN radios, specifically on analog? 95% of what I do is just RX, specifically railroads, but the audio quality on several NX-700s I had was so bad that I went to an XTL5000 instead - talk about a night & day difference. This thing cuts through noise & brings out voice frequencies extremely well. If the NX-5700 can do similar, I may have to buy one.