• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyboy

Anyone that can recommend a dealer in the Atlanta Area? I am looking for a NX-5200 Full Keypad with Analog, DMR and a P25 key. Also if I bought a radio online from someone that is not a dealer what would be the CPS cost along with a DMR, P25 key?

KD4EFM

KJ4CYM

Feed Provider
Question... is there a way to switch bands in CPS without nuking all the personalities and zones? I'm trying to change a UHF 380-470 split codeplug to a 450-520 and it nukes all the personality entries... interestingly enough, it will program with a warning, but it beeps constantly, which I assume is a bad sign...

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
If you have a way to import the info from kpg111, you can do it in a round about way,
Just import the info you export out of the 111 to the d1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Correction to my last, answer is no.
Making a file from 111, exporting that out, you can import that into D1.

I have done it many of a time.

KJ4CYM

Feed Provider
I don't have anything programmed with kpg111. I don't even have the software easily accessible.

Is there any way to edit the .dat file, or use another program if d1n is a dead end?

I'd really like to not have to recreate all the channels and zones again....

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I don't have anything programmed with kpg111. I don't even have the software easily accessible.

Is there any way to edit the .dat file, or use another program if d1n is a dead end?

I'd really like to not have to recreate all the channels and zones again....
Email me at kd4efm1@gmail. your file.

nickwilson159

Feed Provider
How is the audio in these compared to the first generation NXDN radios, specifically on analog? 95% of what I do is just RX, specifically railroads, but the audio quality on several NX-700s I had was so bad that I went to an XTL5000 instead - talk about a night & day difference. This thing cuts through noise & brings out voice frequencies extremely well. If the NX-5700 can do similar, I may have to buy one.

KB1YLD

Anybody have experience with the TX Audio gain control acting up? I'm getting reports that my audio can randomly go super quiet or totally unintelligible.

W2MB

Hello All,

For those of you using KPG-D1N v3.0, have you found any reason to update to it and to it's accompanying firmware? I'm using the previous versions on my NX-5800K2 without issues and from what I can determine, the only benefit is for users of DMR trunking, which is of no use to me.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I am still trying to get an update to 3.0 besides the t3DMR.

W2MB

I am still trying to get an update to 3.0 besides the t3DMR.

The tech note is P19.04LM. From what I hear, that is the change log. I don't have access to it. I've got the updates, but haven't pulled the trigger on the install yet. Are you running them? If so, any issues to report?

SVFC462

Feed Provider
I have read through majority of this post from start to current...

I may have read over the info I was looking for, but I’ll ask anyways.

Is there a way to regulate the audio in the dual deck single head mode? For example - primary deck audio is adjusted while the secondary deck audio stays at a certain volume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have read through majority of this post from start to current...

I may have read over the info I was looking for, but I’ll ask anyways.

Is there a way to regulate the audio in the dual deck single head mode? For example - primary deck audio is adjusted while the secondary deck audio stays at a certain volume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you can set unselected audio at 3 different lower levels.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
The tech note is P19.04LM. From what I hear, that is the change log. I don't have access to it. I've got the updates, but haven't pulled the trigger on the install yet. Are you running them? If so, any issues to report?
I am running 3.0 and no noticable issues. Yet.

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
I had an issue with a p-25 channel being scanned with a p-25 priority start to not decode on the p-25 stopped channel with 2.60. 3.00 doesn't have that issue. I've noticed that.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I lifted my fleet from 2.60 to 3.00 today and the only thing I'm noticing is that I get some calls from my dispatcher (on a P25 system) that, under 2.60, come up as "ISSI Call". Under 3.00, "ISSI Call" flashes with the ID of the dispatch console making the call. Interestingly enough, the ID is in my individual ID list - when the ISSI Call message comes on, I only see the ID, but when the dispatch console makes a "normal" call, I see the alias.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I shouldn't have spoken too soon. My radios which have been updated from 2.50 to 3.00 are exhibiting strange behavior on a P25 trunk:

The dispatcher, which is behind an ISSI gateway, is intermittently not heard on the 3.00 radios, during a conversation between a field user and the dispatcher.

Example:

Field user: "Dispatch, this is Engine 123."
(can hear other radios/scanners in background: Dispatch: "123 Engine, go ahead" - but nothing on the KWD with 3.00 firmware)
Field user: "Engine 123 is enroute to 456 blah street for a whatever call."
(Dispatcher replies to 123, but it is only heard on the other radios/scanners, not on the KWDs)

Anyone got firmware 2.50 so I can downgrade a radio (assuming I can downgrade a radio) to rule that out as the culprit?

Jay911

Feed Provider
EDIT: I have found that if the radio is in Scan mode, the above behavior happens, but out of Scan mode (i.e. tuned to only one channel), it works properly. Chasing that idea down now...

Status
Not open for further replies.