• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Single Head Dual RF Deck

rkumetz

I have been sitting here with the Kenwood price list trying to determine what I need to put together an NX-5700+5800 Dual
RF deck single head installation with P25 conventional.

The piece parts are somewhat unclear. So far this is what I have.

NX-5800K UHF 450-512Mhz
NX-5700BK VHF RF Deck Only

KRK-KIT Remote Mount Kit
KCT-71M2 Remote Control Cable - 17FT

KWD-5100CV License - P25 Conventional
KWD-5004MR License - Multiple RF Decks

KPG-D1NK License Key - Programming Software
Programming Cable - Can't find PN

Apparently I also need these to manage licenses:
KPT-3000LMC
L-5000

I assume that I also need a short control cable to connect the 2 RF Decks.

What else am I missing?

Thanks!

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
<EACH BK> RF DECKS, 2 KRK-15, KCT-71M4 TO CONNECT THE TWO DECKS, KCT-71M2 TO THE CONTROL HEAD
CONTROL HEAD? 19, 20, OR 21 ???

5100CV = P25, 1 PER DECK
5300CV = DMR, 1 PER DECK

KPG-D1N (IF HAM, GET THE WIDE BAND KEY <I HAVE THOSE IN STOCK>)
KPG-46XM MOBILE PROGRAMMING CABLE

LMC COMES WITH THE KPG-D1 SOFTWARE PACKAGE. ACCOUNT KEY IS WHAT YOU NEED IF YOU PUSH LICENSES
THAT IS ALSO FREE (jkefa)

5004MR IS ALREADY IN THE RADIOS... IGNORE.

KMC65 PLAIN MIC, OR KMC66 DTMF MIC?

KCT-23M POWER CABLE X2
KMB-33 BRACKET X2

JUST TO GET THE BALLPARK FOR YOU.

rkumetz

I thought that if I ordered one full radio and the other as an RF deck it might end up being cheaper than ordering 2 RF decks and
the head but whatever works out to be easiest at this point. Could they possibly make it more difficult? The price list for the 90 series
actually had packages of all of the cables and stuff for single head single deck, single head dual deck, dual head single deck, etc.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I thought that if I ordered one full radio and the other as an RF deck it might end up being cheaper than ordering 2 RF decks and
the head but whatever works out to be easiest at this point. Could they possibly make it more difficult? The price list for the 90 series
actually had packages of all of the cables and stuff for single head single deck, single head dual deck, dual head single deck, etc.
You still have to get two KRK-15's for each deck.
Now I prefer the KCH-20 head to see both deck on 1 display.
the KCH-19 you have to switch to the deck you want to see

1692288195330.png

I list the items out because sometimes the "5aXxx" kits are on back order.
but this also allows you to see each one, the price difference is ehhh.... (small chump change)

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
the other thing to understand, if you order a dash mount, you get all the guts.
If you order the BK (deck only) you get just the RF DECK ONLY and no guts.

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
Also when you go to install them... the wires that connect the decks and the head together in my experience only go 1 way. One end is marked with a dot. The other isn't.