• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX5200 dmr programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcefd10

Hello all.
Programming my first ever nx5200. This software is so different.....and the dmr is blowing my mind. With that said I have a question. I have a local department that I'm programming for and the fire and law share a frequency... Just using different slots and tell groups. Fire on slot 1, law slot 2.

I have entered everything to the best of my ability but it still fails each time i key up the radio. I've created the talkgroups and assigned them to the correct personalities. All that stuff. They gave me a paper with a.RAC code listed for the programming... What is that and would it hinder the radios ability to get on the repeater?? Any help is greatly appreciated. I need to be fluent with this as I have many other departments waiting for me to learn this programming.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure is isn’t a RAS code? If so, only Motorola radios support that as it is only a MotoTRBO option.

Basically it restricts access to a repeater by changing the checksum value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearcatUSA

PL-259 Connector Fan
If your repeater is protected by Motorola RAS, you're in trouble. Because there is no RAS support in Kenwood. But Hytera 'RAS' is not compatible with Motorola RAS. Welcome to DMR world with prop extensions!

jcefd10

That's a huge possibility. They are running Mototrbo radios currently.
Will that hinder this radios ability to access the repeater?

jcefd10

If your repeater is protected by Motorola RAS, you're in trouble. Because there is no RAS support in Kenwood. But Hytera 'RAS' is not compatible with Motorola RAS. Welcome to DMR world with prop extensions!
Saw this just after posting my last reply. So basically Ras makes the kenwood useless? They're gonna be HAPPYYY about that. They bought these radios because we have a automatic aid agreement with them and vice versa. But we use nxdn where they use dmr

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Saw this just after posting my last reply. So basically Ras makes the kenwood useless? They're gonna be HAPPYYY about that. They bought these radios because we have a automatic aid agreement with them and vice versa. But we use nxdn where they use dmr

Easy fix, reprogram the repeater and turn it off. Problem solved.
Peroniod people use the RAS to prevent rouge radios and users. Good thing but that's a Motorola thing too. Not ETSI standards.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
By the way, saw your FB post about it also.

jcefd10

That's what I told the ems director. That he needed to get moto back over there to take it off. Just a question for myself, if they disable it on the repeaters, will all of their radios have to be reporgrammed as well? I'm assuming yes.....?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
No, wont matter then. Radios will still work without the RAC.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to put the repeater in Migration mode, which will allow radios with RAS to work and allow radios without RAS to work. If I recall correctly, a radio with RAS will not talk to a repeater with RAS disabled, which forces use of migration.

Authentication (RAS)
Configures the Restricted Access to System (RAS) mode that the system will operation on.
Options
Disabled In this mode, the system only support RAS disabled subscriber radios including the legacy ones.
Enabled In this mode, the system only supports RAS enabled subscriber radios that use the same RAS ID as the repeaters. RAS is enabled by default.
Migration In this mode, the system support both RAS enabled subscriber radios and RAS disabled subscriber radios including legacy ones. This mode is recommended to be used only during the migration.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
RAS Restricted Access to System

4f9c7d5fe9fcba96ab95922dde081267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.