• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX5700 price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Ballpark only!
P25 Type 1 receive only
mostly VHF analog for 2 meter ham stuff?
I've read a couple of price lists and hard to decipher.
For MANY reasons, just think this is the way to go over Moto! Could be all the TK 981's I programmed for ham use Just like the KW product....

many thanks....

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
List price:
NX-5700K 136-174MHz 50 watts with NXDN conventional and Type C trunking: $980.00
Includes KCH-19M (basic control head), KMC-35 (microphone), KMB-33M (mounting bracket) and KCT-23M (power cable)

KWD-5100CV License key for P25 conventional $575.00
KWD-5101TR License key for P25 Phase 1 trunking, requires KWD-5100CV $520.00

and don't forget:
KPG-D1NK programming software $155.00
KPG-46XM Full speed USB programming cable $158.50

and maybe:
KWD-5001FP License Key for Front Panel Programming $300.00
Up to you, but as an amateur I'm sure you could appreciate being able to program on the fly. On the other hand, these have enough memories (1024 channels) to make it easy to program in all the simplex frequencies in the 2 meter band, add a manual PL selection button to change CTCSS/DCS tones on the fly. Still lots of space left over for repeaters and public safety monitoring. If you really are hard up for space, you can add a 4000 channel option with KWD-5000CH $420.00 (hey, it's just money....)

Remember, these are LIST prices. Under state contracts I get 30% off. Buying as an individual, I'd look for 15-20% off.

As for these over Motorola,
I spec'd one of these out for our PD to install in one of their vans. They're running TK-5710's everywhere else. A few years ago we switched them from MCS-2000's and XTL-2500's. The officers were very happy with the new radios due to much better audio. They really like the NX-5700 with the color display and great audio.
I like them because Kenwood has been orders of magnitude better to deal with than Motorola and their shops. The officers like the radios, and that makes my job easier. Chief likes them because they are cheaper to purchase.

Last edited:

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
thanks...not as terrible as I thought. State police are P25 non trunked, so can shave a little there! But yes, the FPP would be nice.

something to put on the Christmas list......

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
There are other options:

TK-5710
TK-5720
They'll all do what you want and are all on the used market. Occasionally you'll see NX5K's appear on the used market, but they are few and far between.

On the other hand, there's going to be a DMR option for the NX-5K's coming out any time now. That'll give you 136-174MHz with analog, NXDN, P25 and DMR all in one radio. Add in FPP, 4000 channel capability, SD card slot, bluetooth, and the ability to link up to 3 RF decks and 2 control heads, and you won't find anything else like this from any reputable manufacturer.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
again, TNX! I saw a 5710 on FleeBay but looked kinda rough! I'll find my local KW dealer and start talking to them...but the TK-57?? would be a good option.

I do like the multi mode...while most of the DMR here in Dallas is on UHF, another deck and that would be covered....

Status
Not open for further replies.