NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And a bunch of other fixes and enhancements, too. Version 1.08.00 for both the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 was just released. This update adds the following major features and enhancements:
  • Support for NXDN systems through a paid upgrade
  • Support P25 patch ID
  • Support EA EDACS patch ID
  • Improved the decoding for DMR RAS
  • Support Late Entry Opcode of DMR CapMax
  • Modified the decoding for P25 Phase 2
  • Changed the operations for encryption
  • Improved the clarity of digital voice
  • Fixed muting issues on analog channels including trunking systems
Everyone should take advantage of this update, even if you do not want to purchase the NXDN upgrade.

For those who do want that upgrade, to get it, register your scanner at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area and click the link that will appear under your product model.

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
This changes the game as the BCD996P2 radio with DMR and NXDN most likely hands down is the best radio on the market now. No hardware problems nor nothing. If the BCD996P2 could be boxed into the SDS-200 box and have the LCD color screen then I would sell everything I have and buy all 996P2 radios

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Wow, what a shocker. I just bought the 436 (and am very happy with it), but by all accounts the P2 series has been great. I was looking at a 996 for a while. Great to see that Uniden has put in the work to make them function with all the systems like the other series. Awesome work Paul!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Wow, what a shocker. I just bought the 436 (and am very happy with it), but by all accounts the P2 series has been great. I was looking at a 996 for a while. Great to see that Uniden has put in the work to make them function with all the systems like the other series. Awesome work Paul!

Someone here on RR has a 996 in the Classifieds for $300 right now.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Well the first issue I had with the firmware upgrade on the BCD996P2 is that is changed all of my NAC codes from 466 on LAPD in P25 digital to CC0

I noticed something was wrong due to not hearing any voice transmission and that never happens in LA. Strange

Actually this sucks because it changed all of my P25 conventional channels in every scanlist from their respected NAC to CC0

Status
Not open for further replies.