NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

You need to be in the SDS, Unication, or commercial class of devices for that system:
System Type: Project 25 Phase II System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Don't expect 996/325P2 class device to properly decode TDMA when it doesn't have the hardware for it. Got it?

*I* get it loud and clear. That's why I use a Unication G5, APX-7000 or XTL-2500 on Philly. The problem is everyone else doesn't see it and refuses to accept it is a problem IN MY AREA. Uniden and Whistler both seem to think their products do the job IN PHILLY and THEY DONT. So any firmware upgrade or update that they release will be met with extreme skepticism by me. Sorry not sorry

wbswetnam

*I* get it loud and clear. That's why I use a Unication G5, APX-7000 or XTL-2500 on Philly. The problem is everyone else doesn't see it and refuses to accept it is a problem IN MY AREA. Uniden and Whistler both seem to think their products do the job IN PHILLY and THEY DONT. So any firmware upgrade or update that they release will be met with extreme skepticism by me. Sorry not sorry

OK, well, sorry they don't work for you. It sounds like you have found some products that meet your needs, so enjoy them.

Fortunately, where I live in rural Arkansas (no simulcast here!) even my WS-1095 works just fine. My Uniden toys (436, 536, 325 & 996) all work great, too. I'm pleased... :cool:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Its ok Dan some here do not know the trouble you live with. Has anybody let you or have you seen 1st hand a SDS100 or SDS200?
Like I posted the other night my 996p2's on NXDN have more range then my others I am getting ready for a 300 mile round trip to test NXDN Trunking in just a few minutes and will report back 996p2 436 536 SDS100 all will be sharing the same FL and Antenna at the same time. BTW glad to see you back.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
“TDMA” receives quite well on the p2’s. (DMR is TDMA, like Phase2) It’s simulcast distortion that it has issues with.

milcom_chaser

You didn't mention your radio collection in the first rant. Makes sense.

K7MFC

WRAA720
I'll wait for a few people to report back before I waste my time and money

lol waste what time time... The firmware update took me about 45 seconds. You could have done the upgrade, and reverted back to a previous version if you didn't like it in the time you've spent posting in this thread. FWIW, I would recommend updating. There is a very noticable improvement in digital voice quality.

Reactions: TGP

K7MFC

WRAA720
I emailed him and he has told me there won't be any update to Freescan. He did however told me since Freescan is now open source,if someone wants to update the software,feel free to do so.

Does anyone have a link to where the source code might be found? I didn't see any mention of FreeSCAN being open source and/or a link to a source code repository on their web site.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
ARC XT update with NXDN support is in the works.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Gommert:

Will the update require repurchasing the software?

I've had ARC for a long time to program my BCD325P2. I haven't used it for a long time, and I'm no longer familiar with what it takes to update it.

Just asking . . . I'll be happy to buy the software again if that's what it takes to use it for NXDN systems.

Thanks!

-Johnnie

w7cma

Did the update but digital p25 still sounds muffled and very digitized. I don't really know what setting to use. 996p2 using FreeScanner. This is a single channel p25 on local PD. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Carlos

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Did the update but digital p25 still sounds muffled and very digitized. I don't really know what setting to use. 996p2 using FreeScanner. This is a single channel p25 on local PD. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Carlos

You're in Montana...how far is considered 'local'? What are you using for an antenna? How many signal bars do you have in the upper right portion of the display? Are you using an internal speaker and if so do you have some space under the scanner to let the sound out, or are you using an external speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.