NXDN/TRBO Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I was just trying to retrieve talkgroup info, I have no means of trying to bypass encryption or anything, all I do is manage the radios where I work at my local sheriff's office, I also know some people at Greer Communications that work on the system they helped me with info on setting up my Kenwood TK-380 for PassPort in Robertson county. But of course I got permission from their admin first. I set it up for interoperability for emergency communications. I will try DSD first and see what I come up with talkgroup wise and try to send yall some info.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha I'm in Montgomery, do you guys have a building Greer works out of there? We do here its really small, can't see much in there.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe we have a Greer Communications office here I just go to Clarksville when I need something they are really friendly and helpful with the stuff I was asking for in the past for example when I went there to retrieve parameters or the Robertson county PassPort system I had to show ID of where I worked and had permission from the system admin and I needed the parameters so I could have a radio to interop with Robertson county incase of an emergency or anything like that

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
If it is NXDN with the included encryption it is easily bypass able. There are 16 banks and 32000ish combos. I believe 240 programming attempts will cover all possibilities until you hear the transmissions in the clear. The RAN is even easier. Only 63 possibilities.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I know with RAN you can put in a CSQ type mode to hear audio if you don't feel like going through 63 of them I'm not too worried about encryption I didn't think it would have much to it I'm just trying to capture TGs for the database I'm going to try DSD and see what happens with it on a NEXEDGE system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Just a warning for nbarco: No discussions about cracking encryption on public safety radio systems. That line of talk will degenerate into fantasy island and I will have to hit folks with infractions, and close/lock the thread. TY for your cooperation.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
I've always wanted to go to greer and ask them about our system, but I know I'd just be wasting my time.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Not really it depends on your job and stuff like that if you work in law enforcement like I do and you want a radio programmed it's going to be about 100 bucks to do passport or NEXEDGE they gave me the passport parameters for Robertson county so I could have a radio for interoperability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vans113

Premium Subscriber
I don't lol they would probably laugh at me if I went and asked. Do they sell radios to individuals also? If so I may very well get a nexedge radio in the future, I don't think they would do any programming for me also, and I would have no clue on how to program that thing.

INDY72

Also be advised that if you do not have any verifiable need to have data about the systems, you will get the cold shoulder at the least. At worst you will be investigated, especially after this thing in TX. If you do not have a valid reason to have access vias a actual radio on any system, then just be happy with scanners and/or tapped scanners and software like DMRDecode, DSD, UT, T-88, Pro96Com, etc... All these folks that go blabbing about "Just go buy X brand XYZ model radio and program it..." Your taking big risks now days, so everyone that reads this, just use good judgement, and be careful. (Not picking out one specific person, just overall warnings as this is an open forum.)

*Even though some people may get a kick out of reading about some idiot getting arrested for being on an system without authorization, or said persons coming on a forum whining about a bricked radio, I think its just sad. Hence my warnings of caution.*

vans113

Premium Subscriber
Yeah thats why I stay away lol. I won't ever buy a radio for that reason strictly scanners lol. I keep within legal limits on stuff. My friends dad is one of the techs working on the tcan stuff here in clarksville , but he can't tell me any info on it, and all , but he's coming over soon to see my system set up with unitrunker and all and dsd because I told him what all I can see.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge also clarksville sheriffs have made the switch to nex edge. I can no longer hear them , and the weird thing is I don't even hear the digital format on my analog scanners 0.o I'm lost.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Is it a NEXEDGE trunking system or just a conventional NXDN system I'm coming to Clarksville in a few hours I can bring my scanner and find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

OK setting up the City TRS P25 Phase II system now As soon as it goes active as an TACN subset, please submit site numbers etc.... Also dodging tornado warnings lol

Last edited by a moderator:

vans113

Premium Subscriber
lol what milf I'm confused...

EDIT: with the use on dsd I am picking up some weird stuff now, dsd says it's dmr with gfsk and c4fm dsd reads slot idle, voice header,solt idle, rate 3/4 data, unknown burst type 1100 but I get no audio but it's going crazy with everything it's reading.

Last edited:

INDY72

Every time I got something going in the work I was doing, weather went nuts here and I had to shut down and move to other location for precautionary sake. I have to laugh at it. I'm still alive and kicking so can't get upset.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
haha I understand, by chance can you read my edit post a few up and tell me if what i wrote about dsd makes any sense to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.