NYCOMCO EDACS LID file....

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone has heard icalls on the Beacon tower.

In the last couple of days i have heard a few.

I see nothing in the database regarding this.

Is there a list ?

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean a listing of iCalls? Those if there are any in use are the individual radios.

I am aware of that.

My question was posted in a clear manner.

If anyone has heard icalls on the Beacon tower have you identified them ,

If so are they identified in a list somewhere ?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have over 1,600 radio LIDS identified and alpha tagged on NYCOMCOs system and run Unitrunker on their Beacon site pretty much daily. Besides Town of Marlborough PD in Ulster County and a few non-government users that haven't switched to TRBO, the use of individual call is rarely in use in the system. When it is used, it's for ordering food or chit-chat between cars so dispatch can't hear them. When the PDs upgraded from the old MDX's to M7100's in the cars and Orbacom touch screen consoles at the base, the use of the feature pretty much became non-existent.

I use my LID list with my PSR-800 so the alpha tag shows up on the bottom line instead of the LID number. It's a useful feature for identifying new talkgroups and knowing what radios have access to what talkgroups. The M7100 in my car just shows "GR ####" for examaple instead.

I'll try to update the list this weekend and get the file up in the wiki so everyone has access to it.

If anyone has a good list alpha tagged for the users off Illinois or the Port Ewen sites, send it my way and I'll combine the files. My list is primarily from Beacon, Arden, Schunnemunk, Graham and Sam's Point as I can't get a good CC from my location.

I also changed the title of the thread to broaden the scope a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.