NYPD Aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
It's AM mode, aviation. Designated for Search and Rescue, but NYPD also uses it as the "company channel" for the Aviation unit.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Also worth noting that in NYC, unless they're coordinating with another aviation unit (say from the USCG), you'll generally hear a lot more about NYPD aviation operations on SOD and the Tac channels (usually Tac G).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm programming 123.100 into my 436. I can't seem to find a service type for this frequency. Law tac, law talk, aviation...? TIA, Chuck.

Since it seems you are entering by hand, and 123.100 is not in the database for NYPD (referring to your title, "NYPD aviation), you can assign it any service type you wish, Tho Aircraft or Law may be the best choice it does not have to be Aircraft or even Law. It can be whatever you want as long as you know what you assigned it and have it set to on, it will work. If you download the United States Common Aviation freqs to the scanner, 123.1 is listed as a SAR freq and has a service type of Aircraft.

Designated for Search and Rescue, but NYPD also uses it as the "company channel" for the Aviation unit.

Could you submit any info you have about NYPD Aviation's use as a "company channel" to the db admins so it can be added?

Thanks Blaze. We all know how sensitive the x36's are with service types, just wanted to make sure. Chuck.

The x36 scanners are not "sensitive " to service types at all. Generally, its user error. You either have the service type on, or off. That's it. There are cases when the service type listed here might not be the best choice so it's always good to review this info and or change before writing to the scanner. .

Sconnick

Could you submit any info you have about NYPD Aviation's use as a "company channel" to the db admins so it can be added?

I can confirm that they are using that as a company channel out of Flyod Bennett Field. I fly for another LE agency in the area and we communicate with both NYPD aircraft in the air as well as their base on the ground via 123.10.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that they are using that as a company channel out of Flyod Bennett Field. I fly for another LE agency in the area and we communicate with both NYPD aircraft in the air as well as their base on the ground via 123.10.

Hey, since you can confirm this, could you submit that to the database admins so it can get added to the database?

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Added to database. Normally we don't duplicate common nationwide frequencies in the local listings, but since this one has regular local usage the differs somewhat from the official S&R designation, an exception can be made.

Next time instead of prompting others to make a submission, feel free to do it yourself. The usage was obviously confirmed by multiple people in this thread.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Added to database. Normally we don't duplicate common nationwide frequencies in the local listings, but since this one has regular local usage the differs somewhat from the official S&R designation, an exception can be made.

Next time instead of prompting others to make a submission, feel free to do it yourself. The usage was obviously confirmed by multiple people in this thread.

Did not know I could point a db admin to a post where others confirm something. Thought the one submitting had to be the one confirming.

Ok cool.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If there's a consensus like we have in this thread, and no one else takes the initiative to submit...feel free. Generally speaking yes, we obviously prefer that the submitter be the one with first-hand knowledge or confirmation, but there's a good exception to every rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.