NYPD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

Ive been picking up a freq. 482.6875 i think it is? PL is 110.9
I have it down as some type of interop channel but all i seem to be hearing is some type of NYPD citywide dispatch possibly - and only the dispatch side no mobiles
It sounds like they are calling units but i dont seem to hear the mobile side
Not sure if this is some type of simulcast or what...

riveter

Premium Subscriber
A temporary patch for someone's SA I suppose.

That's NYMAC 1, you're dead on about interop.

coolrich55

You're hearing the SOD dispatcher on that IO frequency. And you're right, when they do patch SOD it's only the dispatcher and no mobiles. I'm not sure why it's done. Also when it is done it seams to be only certain times of the day. I was hearing it over this past weekend. I thought maybe it's done when they have a big event going on, like the parade this past weekend.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
At most times, there are four NYPD citywide dispatch console positions active:

Traffic (Highway)
SOD
Special Commands "A"
Special Commands "B"

There are other console positions, but they aren't always staffed. (E.g., for traffic agents on CW3).

When the basic four positions are active, the Traffic and SOD consoles are *usually* patched only to the Traffic and SOD channels, respectively. Spec Cmd "A" and "B" are usually split among CW1, CW2, OCCB1, OCCB2, IAB (sometimes), Det1, Det2, and CD/CW (sometimes).

Sometimes, but not always, the SOD console is also patched to NYMAC1 (former CWIO) in addition to SOD.

When a console is patched to multiple channels, generally only the dispatcher is carried on all of them. The mobiles are only repeated on the channel they came in on. (It can be configured to carry both, but the usual configuration is to multicast the dispatcher only). The basic idea is to allow citywide broadcasts to be heard by everyone, but not tie up the channels with mobile traffic that doesn't concern them.

Note that some of the channels (SOD, Tfc, CW1, CW2, and CW3) are themselves split into two frequencies, one for the "mainland" 4 boros and one for Staten Island. Those frequencies repeat all traffic on the channel on both (there's actually only one input frequency for each pair).

KC2zZe

At most times, there are four NYPD citywide dispatch console positions active:

Traffic (Highway)
SOD
Special Commands "A"
Special Commands "B"

There are other console positions, but they aren't always staffed. (E.g., for traffic agents on CW3).

When the basic four positions are active, the Traffic and SOD consoles are *usually* patched only to the Traffic and SOD channels, respectively. Spec Cmd "A" and "B" are usually split among CW1, CW2, OCCB1, OCCB2, IAB (sometimes), Det1, Det2, and CD/CW (sometimes).
The "special command" pairings are as follows:
A (Radio Zone 43): Detective 1, Detective 2, SpIn, Citywide 1/Citywide 1 SI
B (Radio Zone 45): Organized Crime Control 1 and 2, Communications Division Citywide, Internal Affairs
(Radio Zone 46): Citywide 2 and Citywide 3 (and their respective SI simulcasts)

Darkstar350

Also i have been picking up what sounds to be some other NYPD channel
Freq is 463.600 PL 146.2

They seem to be using NYPD radio codes
calling units such as "detective 1, post sgt" , etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.