Oak Crest Retirement Village (Baltimore Co) -- DMR System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I was driving on 95 over the weekend and came across several frequencies with DMR around the Baltimore area. From my research it indicates they may belong to a system in place at the Oak Crest Retirement Village in Parkville, however I don't know if they are used conventionally or in a Capacity Plus system. Perhaps someone in that area can see if they indeed belong to this organization and determine the system type.

462.1250, DCC 10, Talkgroup 102
462.4000, DCC 10, Talkgroup 104

If the are part of that license (WPRW299), then there may also be activity on 461.0500 and 464.3750.

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, these are used by Oak Crest Village as conventional. Here's what I've found for them:

462.4000 [ ] (DMR - Color Code 10, Slot 1, Group 103)
464.3750 [ ] (DMR - Color Code 10, Slot 1, Group 101)

Dave

Gilligan

Database Admin
Awesome! I just added it. With that many frequencies, I almost wonder why they didn't just go Capacity Plus.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm seeing lots of DMR use cases where the user/license has multiple frequencies but they are being used more or less in essentially conventional mode (at least, that's what they look like). I assume this is simply a cost savings thing but also could be they just wanted to keep it simple.

Amazon Baltimore
SAFE/Ravens @ M&T Bank Stadium
Charlestown Retirement Community

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Cap+ doesn't really require any additional infrastructure over conventional TRBO repeaters except ethernet links down the stack of them. It seems a lot of customers add repeaters over time though and either never want to go through the tedious hassle of reprogramming every portable for a Cap+ system, never feel the pinch talkgroup/frequency wise, or just don't understand the advantage.*

*Really, lack of understanding / ignorance is so huge in this industry, this probably covers about 70% of stuff like this.

troymail

Silent Key
Cap+ doesn't really require any additional infrastructure over conventional TRBO repeaters except ethernet links down the stack of them. It seems a lot of customers add repeaters over time though and either never want to go through the tedious hassle of reprogramming every portable for a Cap+ system, never feel the pinch talkgroup/frequency wise, or just don't understand the advantage.*

*Really, lack of understanding / ignorance is so huge in this industry, this probably covers about 70% of stuff like this.

Yes - exactly my point. In man cases, they had what they needed with their existing analog frequencies and switching to digital but staying simple by essentially using the frequencies more or less in the same way (only digital) simplifies things. It isn't always the cost of infrastructure - it could just as easily be the cost of programming and training by changing things when for the application, it's not even necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.