• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Oakland Police and Alameda County Fire gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, Alameda County. I see that it's back now, and now contains additional Patrol and TAC feeds. Nice. Currently it's off-line. I believe the City of Oakland is upgrading their systems, which probably explains these changes.

cknizeski

Premium Subscriber
Oakland PD ALCO FD should be back up shortly

Those where my to feeds. I was a way for a few months and hoped the feed would stay up. Well I just back home today and found out my computer is dead. I am hoping to get it back up shortly after I find out what happened to my computer. I will be moving from the California area (going to the east coast NJ) in May so the feed will be permanently down around mid May. If anyone else is in the area that would like to host Oakland PD feed let me know.

Those where my to feeds. I was a way for a few month...
Ah, mystery solved. Sorry to hear about your dead computer and hope you bring it back before you leave for New Jersey in May.

Meanwhile,, the City is upgrading their system, so I'm still wondering if someone else might be providing a feed with the additional channels (Tac and car-to-car), as is noted in the (new) description of the feed. I don't believe the old description mentioned the Tac and car-to-car channels.

Is that your doing so someone else's?

John

cknizeski

Premium Subscriber
That Oakland feed is not mine, but I am glad to see someone else picked up the feed. I got a lot of E-mails about it when it went off the air.

richtidd

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Those where my to feeds. I was a way for a few months and hoped the feed would stay up. Well I just back home today and found out my computer is dead. I am hoping to get it back up shortly after I find out what happened to my computer. I will be moving from the California area (going to the east coast NJ) in May so the feed will be permanently down around mid May. If anyone else is in the area that would like to host Oakland PD feed let me know.
The system auto deletes feeds that have been offline for more that 21 days.

Feed owners can contact us & we can set the feed to not be auto deleted if an extended downtime in deeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.