Oakland & Richmond EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolnCode3

Just going thru creating a P96 file of Alameda, Santa Clara, and San Mateo Counties. However, I was wondering which sites are best for Oakland and Richmond. I'm most likely to pass to the north of both, probably in Marin somewhere (or along 37). Maybe on 680 or whichever 80 that is. Which site is the best, as I don't feel like having 4 banks so I have the main and backups.

TIA.

SAR923

Bill,

Use the frequencies in the P96 file I posted. I'm not sure what sites they are but I found, by process of elimination of all the sites, that these have the best reception in the North Bay. You won't have any problems picking up Richmond up here with the standard rubber duck but Oakland is pretty poor. Comes in fine with a good mobile or base antenna though.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
Richmond sites are all the same, we still use the original five freqs so put those in and you'll do fine throughout the area. I think the license has been granted for the four new channels, but nothing has been done with the system yet.

As for Oakland, just put in the big 13 channel site, the Seneca site only covers a little area out by the zoo and I never hear anything on it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.