Oakville Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex288288

Was wondering if anyone knows simplex channels for fire/EMS (if there is). i know the database has some p25 channels. but am wondering if i am missing stuff as it does not seem busy enough for fire. cant seem to find EMS at all. any help would be great. using BCD436HP.

ATCTech

Halton EMS is on the Fleetnet VHF Motorola system, using analog radios for regular communications. OFD is of course on the Halton P25 system as you know.

There are in fact a group of simplex frequencies licensed for Oakville FD in the Industry Canada database, all in the 868.650 to 868.8625 MHz range.

In the TAFL search using this: CORP TOWN OF OAKVILLE FIRE DEPT as the licensee.

Last edited:

alex288288

Thanks for the info ATC, my main reason is it sounds a little quiet and maybe wondered if im missing some TAC freq's. I noticed there isnt "1" (one) listed, starts at TAC 2,3,4 etc. and hopefully the freq's you provided will allow me to listen from Mobile's when on scene(s).- will check it out and hope for best.

rc1990

Thanks for the info ATC, my main reason is it sounds a little quiet and maybe wondered if im missing some TAC freq's. I noticed there isnt "1" (one) listed, starts at TAC 2,3,4 etc. and hopefully the freq's you provided will allow me to listen from Mobile's when on scene(s).- will check it out and hope for best.

For many FDs, TAC 1 is the dispatch channel!

ATCTech

That's very true. My local FD calls channel 1 "Operational channel 1, Fire Dispatch" and the very next channel is referred to as TAC-2. Semantics, I guess, considering they only use TAC-(x) when there's more than one call going on at a time.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
I have one talk around / simplex confirmed so far for Oakville Fire

I would also suggest monitoring the ITac channels. Heard them use it for mutual aid between oakville, Burlington, Hamilton

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Was wondering if anyone knows simplex channels for fire/EMS (if there is). i know the database has some p25 channels. but am wondering if i am missing stuff as it does not seem busy enough for fire. cant seem to find EMS at all. any help would be great. using BCD436HP.

Don't know if you are a newb or someone who is getting back in ther hobby but here are a few helpful tips from a fellow Halton citizen.

All of the regions fire services are in your database in your scanner.

Tac 1 for all fire services is dispatch. Tac2 is generally for calls that are not extremely important or when none of the other talkgroups are busy.

Tac3 is used when tac2 is busy and when there is a fire or event that will take time. So a fire call is sent to tac3 and a EMS assist is sent to Tac2.

Halton EMS- is dispatched by Mississauga CACC (commincations centre) and just about all calls are on 35792 talkgroup which is on the Bell Fleetnet communications system. Sometimes calls that are on going, serious calls are sent to tac 1. When the train de-railed here in 2012 Tac1 was busy.

Halton Ems will ask to patch to one of the regions hospitals for serious cases, they use Mississauga CACC tac 3, talkgroup #35840 or one of the various regions hospital talkgroup that are in your scanner and on this sites database.

Mississauga CACC also dispatches the Peel Region EMS providers, Peel is divided into 4 quads, NE, NW, SE, SW, all have their own talkgroups as well as specific hospital talkgroups.

Keep the following conventional frequencies on stand by to monitor EMS:

149.440, just about all EMS calls are paged on this frequnecy.

150.100- Provincial Common, sometimes out of region EMS providers use this frequency and more importantly Ornge helis use this to talk to the CACC's (communications centres) when dispatched to calls.

413.6875-used by Ornge, dispatch for Ornge talks to helis on this frequnecy.

129.275. I hear Ornge helis and airplanes use this when they are flying in and out of Hamilton airport or when they arrive or leave Mac and HGH.

Also, MOH Zone 1 talkgroup 34976 is used when a EMS provider is going to and from one region to another, 35008 is also used for this purpose. You will hear Niagara EMS talk to Hamilton when they come and go.

Finally: you can probably monitor all or most of the following Fleetnet towers:

Brittania-located in Mississauga, Peel Region and Halton EMS use this tower.

Charlton-in Hamilton, Halton Regiin and Hamilton EMS use this tower.

Mowat- located in Toronto, you can hear some of the Peel region activity on this talkgroup as well as the EMS providers coming and going to and from Toronto on the Toronto CACC talkgroup 36176.
You will also hear some of the York Region EMS services here as well.

Fomthill-exceptional coverage for this tower all over the place.

Skylon- see above

King City- I can get activity on this tower here in western Burlington, sometimes with a decent rubber ducky antenna.

Hope this helps. Even though there is no police communications pretty much anywhere to be scanned we at least have the fire services and EMS.

Eric

alex288288

Hi EJB, I def appreciate the extended information provided, I'm part newb, part getting back into it. i had a BCT15 years ago, didn't really care back then, once I got this BCD436-HP it got interesting again. haha. For some reason where I'm located here in Oakville (near Kerr and Bond St) EMS is pretty non-existent, and I have Fire dept around my area quite often and even within my building. So I like to hear whats happening when they goto Simplex channels, EMS I did see on the Fleetnet but as mentioned it is so hard to tune it in around here. not sure why yet. I thought they were digital as well.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi EJB, I def appreciate the extended information provided, I'm part newb, part getting back into it. i had a BCT15 years ago, didn't really care back then, once I got this BCD436-HP it got interesting again. haha. For some reason where I'm located here in Oakville (near Kerr and Bond St) EMS is pretty non-existent, and I have Fire dept around my area quite often and even within my building. So I like to hear whats happening when they goto Simplex channels, EMS I did see on the Fleetnet but as mentioned it is so hard to tune it in around here. not sure why yet. I thought they were digital as well.

The EMS are very active, you are located in between towers, it might be hard for you to "get" one. What antenna are you using?

Ems are analog on the Fleetnet system.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I use both stock and "Diamond Antenna SRH77CA" I noticed they are analog still which i thought was weird haha.

What is wierd about it? When the CACC's switched over to Fleetnet there were very few digital systems in use.

Your Diamond antenna should be helpful for Fleetnet and the stock antenna less so but it's decent for the Halton P25 system.

Why don't you see and hear what your scanner can pick up. I listed the Fleetnet towers that you should be able to pick up.

And just to be clear, Fleetnet and the Halton P25 system are very active and busy. There is a list of the EMS simplex and/or repeater frequencies in the DB here.

Eric

alex288288

I have no problems with halton P25, works great, ive been on Fleetnet for about 1hr and hear the odd static, nothing audible though. i must be in a really bad spot, concrete walls and being surrounded by other tall buildings prob don't help either. oh well. im happy i can get OFD and BFD at least

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I not all that familiar with the 436, I have only used it a few times, but I think it's pretty similar to the Home Patrol.

If you have created or used your scanner to scan Fleetnet you will probably see the control channel for the tower you have picked.

Oakville is in between Mowat/Brittiania and Charlton. Since Fonthill is on highish ground and the lake enhances the signal that might be an option to scan as well.

Your scanner, can you go outside maybe, walk around, see if being outside helps you to "acquire" the signal.

If you enter in the pager frequency of 149.440 you are going to hear the various EMS providers page out calls, these signals are pretty strong. You will hear local pages as well as ones that are as far away as York Region, Niagara, Peel, Hamilton etc.

You also might want to invest in a mag mount antenna, you will be surprised just how much and how far you can scan with a decent antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.